Windows 10: Microsoft safety scanner issue, not cleaning up infected files

Discus and support Microsoft safety scanner issue, not cleaning up infected files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded the latest Microsoft safety scanner software on my PC today. I then did a full scan, and I ended up with 35 infected files at the end. But... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by intkiri, Mar 26, 2021.

1. intkiri Win User

Microsoft safety scanner issue, not cleaning up infected files

I downloaded the latest Microsoft safety scanner software on my PC today. I then did a full scan, and I ended up with 35 infected files at the end. But all it said was there were no viruses and my PC was okay. Im confident that isnt the case, since it scanned 35 infected files. Im confused on why this happened.

Microsoft safety scanner issue, not cleaning up infected files 1770fd5e-2700-4360-9c25-71dac634bd2f?upload=true.png <<< Pic during scan blurred directory incase personal info

Microsoft safety scanner issue, not cleaning up infected files e9bac622-e686-4c6d-8574-c0cc612ecb75?upload=true.png <<< The program after scanning

Thanks in advance!!!

:)

intkiri, Mar 26, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Windows Defender will not clean a malagent!gmb trojan infection

Hi Richard,

I am sorry to hear you had a virus infection in your system.

Next in the series of steps you followed, I would suggest you to run the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Refer to the following link:

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note:
    The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

About Microsoft Safety Scanner

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can run Microsoft Safety scanner in Windows 10.

Refer the link below to download the Microsoft Safety scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data
    loss.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft safety scanner issue, not cleaning up infected files - Similar Threads - Microsoft safety scanner

2. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean: I'm running Windows 11 Home and downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner MSS 1.379.184.0 today. I ran MSS twice using the full scan option. Each run took over an hour. The first time, it indexed the "Files Infected" counter up to 19 before completing scanning >2,400,000 files....
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean

Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean: I'm running Windows 11 Home and downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner MSS 1.379.184.0 today. I ran MSS twice using the full scan option. Each run took over an hour. The first time, it indexed the "Files Infected" counter up to 19 before completing scanning >2,400,000 files....
  7. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  8. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  9. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

10. Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected: When I run the scan latest version, it reports 5 infected files but on completion the report states no virus found. Any known reason why this occurs?...