Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidKinney4, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to 60 hours and times in between, based on info in C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log and msert.log as well as what I've observed. My system usage hasn't been very high or varied much over time, no large uploads/downloads, no games or videos running.I'm running the up-to-date Windows 10. Any ideas ? Thanks.

:)

DavidKinney4, Oct 12, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Oct 12, 2021
  3. microsoft edge browser infected vith trojan virus

You can use the Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Go to the following Microsoft website:
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Click Download Now. Follow the instructions to download and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. When you are prompted, save the file to your desktop.
    • When the installation is complete, go to your desktop and double-click the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. It may be listed as msert.
    • Click the Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement check box, and then click
      Next two times.
    • `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 12, 2021
  4. LUVSITE Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

Microsoft Safety scanner stops before run is complete

I used to love to run Microsoft Safety Scanner but the last few times I've run it it's hung up after running for several hours. I run the long scan. Today I ran it and it hung up after finding 1 malware. It doesn't tell you what the malware is or where
    it is until the scan is complete, however, since it stops running you never reach the end. Help! Why not, if a malware is found, print out its name or zap it right away?

I am running other programs to see if I can find the malware. I have no idea why MSERT is hanging up and doesn't complete its run. A button on it to make it continue after it crashes would be nice, to at least give you the name of the bug and where it
    is located.

LUVSITE, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner will not run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner will not run: I have used Microsoft Safety Scanner for many years and the last few times I have attempted to run it, it will not run and I get a generic "An error has occurred. Please visit Microsoft Safety Scanner Help Page for more details."I have checked the msert.log for errors and...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner will not run: I have used Microsoft Safety Scanner for many years and the last few times I have attempted to run it, it will not run and I get a generic "An error has occurred. Please visit Microsoft Safety Scanner Help Page for more details."I have checked the msert.log for errors and...
  4. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT: Hello all! I have an HP Omen desktop with Win10 Home and my OS Build is 19045.2673. There appears to be a problem with the latest builds of Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT 64 and 32 bit. I have downloaded this several times today and each time I try to open it I get this error...
  5. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT: Hello all! I have an HP Omen desktop with Win10 Home and my OS Build is 19045.2673. There appears to be a problem with the latest builds of Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT 64 and 32 bit. I have downloaded this several times today and each time I try to open it I get this error...
  6. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.: Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to 60 hours and times in between, based on info in C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log and msert.log as well as what I've observed. My...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.: Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to 60 hours and times in between, based on info in C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log and msert.log as well as what I've observed. My...
  9. MSERT Safety Scanner

MSERT Safety Scanner: Why would the MSERT Safety Scanner full scan show 59 files infected while scanning but ends with no files were infected and displays a green shield? I've ran Defender, McAfee Trend Micro and other virus programs, all reporting no infections....
  10. Does MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner no longer work on Win XP?

Does MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner no longer work on Win XP?: Up till the end of April, I have been downloading and running MSERT.EXE weekly. This month it downloads but dies when executed. The MSERT.LOG contains a truncated entry which does not contain the version of the software or date but only this cryptic error: Return code: 4...