Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I run the scan latest version, it reports 5 infected files but on completion the report states no virus found. Any known reason why this occurs?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarrySteedman, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected

When I run the scan latest version, it reports 5 infected files but on completion the report states no virus found. Any known reason why this occurs?

:)

HarrySteedman, Mar 15, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Microsoft safety scanner found malware that Malwarebytes did not?

Ran Microsoft safety scanner and it found an infected file that malwarebytes premium did not. It was a windows defender preventer or something, can't find the log, where would it be?

amancandance, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected

Update Issue Safety Scanner

I'm running Win 10 (64-bit) started having problems that made me suspect some sort of virus or other malware. I ran (from safe mode) a full
    scan using Safety Scanner, and Microsft Defender (which is his real-time scanner).

I found nothing with any of these and so I decided to try out ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.318.1 which is run booting their software directly.

This process produced seven results, all listed as a infected files. Safety Scanner reported it was unable to remove the infected files but renamed them instead.

So after this longish rambling post, my question (and possibly complaint as well) is ... "Why did Safety Scanner remove threats and get action for it?

Primarily I have used Safety Scanner for it's speed and small foot-print as regards to machine resources used. But now I can't trust anymore .... and much as I hate to, will have to try something else. Or
    is there another explanation?

Roberto David Perez Leon, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean: I'm running Windows 11 Home and downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner MSS 1.379.184.0 today. I ran MSS twice using the full scan option. Each run took over an hour. The first time, it indexed the "Files Infected" counter up to 19 before completing scanning >2,400,000 files....
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean

Microsoft Safety Scanner finds 19 infections but reports clean: I'm running Windows 11 Home and downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner MSS 1.379.184.0 today. I ran MSS twice using the full scan option. Each run took over an hour. The first time, it indexed the "Files Infected" counter up to 19 before completing scanning >2,400,000 files....
  6. microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report: Hello, i ran the microsoft safety scanner, thinking being infected with malware. During the scan, i saw 5 files being infected, but at the end of the process, the report tell me that i have no virus or malware....???can someone help me with this...
  7. microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report

microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report: Hello, i ran the microsoft safety scanner, thinking being infected with malware. During the scan, i saw 5 files being infected, but at the end of the process, the report tell me that i have no virus or malware....???can someone help me with this...
  8. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  9. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  10. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files