Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, Can someone please help. When I run Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.335.1154.0 it finds 50 items, and shows as infected.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

Hello Microsoft Community,

Can someone please help. When I run Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.335.1154.0 it finds 50 items, and shows as infected. However at the long scan it ends with 0 files are found and none are repaired. Is there something wrong? I ran it again and it found 50 items again. Should it say something about false positives?

Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files. 2e3db76f-703e-4b38-9666-22d354e13ced?upload=true.jpg

Scan shows 50 Files "Infected" during scan​

Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files. 7d16e1a7-45ae-4c60-8e25-f704c0f2aa72?upload=true.jpg

However on completion of scan nothing is removed or reported.​

Is this tool operating correctly? Can someone please help? I have ran this multiple times and it shows 50 infected files each run.​

Why is it labeling 50 files as "infected files?" Nothing is ever shown as removed or found on completion.​

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Apr 18, 2021
  2. kushalrao Win User

Solution for infected files

When I am Scanning in Microsoft Safety scanner I got 3 infected files which are BrowserModifier:Win32DefaultTab,BrowserModifier:Win32/ShopperProCby,BrowserModifier:Win32/SupTab are Partially removed.How to remove permanently?

kushalrao, Apr 18, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

Is my computer infected or not

Hi Mohammed,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    For now I would suggest you to perform a virus scan.

Run the Microsoft safety scanner and check if your computer is infected by malware.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  3. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files: when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work....
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files: when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work....
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  8. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  9. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  10. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files