Windows 10: microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

Discus and support microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KADXT, Nov 30, 2023.

1. KADXT Win User

microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected

:)

KADXT, Nov 30, 2023

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"

This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are provided.

1. Change the label to "Possible Infected Files"
    2. Write to the msert log the list of possibly infected files for further review/action.
    I say this as I let the tool run for over 3 hours, racking up over 20 "Files Infected". My computer was disconnected from the Internet during the scan. So I was surprised that the files in question were somehow "cleared" despite a lack of Internet connection.

From the log:

Results Summary:

----------------

No infection found.

Failed to submit MAPS report: 0x80072EE7

Failed to submit clean hearbeat MAPS report: 0x80072EE7

Microsoft Safety Scanner Finished On Sun Apr 30 13:20:56 2023

If the suspected files couldn't be submitted, then how were they cleared? Which files were suspected?

I appreciate the tool just cannot trust the results.

JasonNeiman, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.393.1870.0 Not removing infected files

when I run the Microsoft Safety Scanner it finds 10 infected files. When it is finished it show No viruses, spyware, or other ... was detected. after a reboot and rerunning the app it still finds 10 infected files. also windows defender offline tool does not work.

Ron Davis1, Nov 30, 2023
  4. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

Hello Anxious,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

Microsoft Scanner works in steps.

So at first stage it will detect what may be an infected file and it will add that to a list. This is the number you see when you see the scanner progressing. These are not actual infections, just suspicious files.

Once the scan is done the safety scanner will match the suspected files with the most recent database of threats and then tell you the actual infections on your system. If the last number is 0 it means no actual infection was found.

JaspreetSingh08, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

1. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected - Similar Threads - microsoft safety scanner

2. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  5. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  6. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...
  7. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...: When running the Safety Scanner, the scan progress window indicates "Files Infected" count during the scan.I just ran a "Full" scan and the "Files Infected" count was 30when the scan ended, the scan issues a message that no files were infected. how is this possible? is the...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.: Hello Microsoft Community, Can someone please help. When I run Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.335.1154.0 it finds 50 items, and shows as infected. However at the long scan it ends with 0 files are found and none are repaired. Is there something wrong? I ran it again and it...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected

Microsoft Safety Scanner reporting files infected: When I run the scan latest version, it reports 5 infected files but on completion the report states no virus found. Any known reason why this occurs?...