Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When running the Safety Scanner, the scan progress window indicates "Files Infected" count during the scan.I just ran a "Full" scan and the "Files... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arizman, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Arizman Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

When running the Safety Scanner, the scan progress window indicates "Files Infected" count during the scan.I just ran a "Full" scan and the "Files Infected" count was 30when the scan ended, the scan issues a message that no files were infected. how is this possible? is the safety scanner bogus?[Original Title: microsft safety scanner]

:)

Arizman, Aug 14, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2916641
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    About Microsoft Safety Scanner

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can run Microsoft Safety scanner in Windows 10.

Refer the link below to download the Microsoft Safety scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data
    loss.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

Microsoft safety scanner found malware that Malwarebytes did not?

Ran Microsoft safety scanner and it found an infected file that malwarebytes premium did not. It was a windows defender preventer or something, can't find the log, where would it be?

amancandance, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result: I'm a Windows 11 user. I scanned my computer using Microsoft safety scanner. While the scan is going, it showed the number of infected files as 3 but after finishing the scan, it said that there are no infections and also there's nothing about an infection in the report. Why...
  3. Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safety scanner shows a number of infected files while scan and shows non at the end result: I'm a Windows 11 user. I scanned my computer using Microsoft safety scanner. While the scan is going, it showed the number of infected files as 3 but after finishing the scan, it said that there are no infections and also there's nothing about an infection in the report. Why...
  4. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  5. microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft safety scanner showing same files infected: Microsoft safety scanner keeps showing same 15 files infected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-showing-same-files/477fb2f8-e871-4ea4-9ef9-e691a44e0ced
  6. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection: During the scanning progress indicates "Files Infected" etc. 11 files; at the end of scan indicates no viruses detected. My question is are infected files not virus and did the scanner delete the infection or the problems? thanks [Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...: Latest Microsoft Safety Scanner msert 64 bit, shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at the end shows no infected files. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-msert-shows-files/2dee5d8b-8ada-417b-a305-a899e5d47ae2
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.

Microsoft Safety Scanner showing infected files but does not remove any infected files.: Hello Microsoft Community, Can someone please help. When I run Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.335.1154.0 it finds 50 items, and shows as infected. However at the long scan it ends with 0 files are found and none are repaired. Is there something wrong? I ran it again and it...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infected File but after Scan Shows Everything is Protected

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infected File but after Scan Shows Everything is Protected: Hello I have used Microsoft Safety Scanner and the program has discovered two infected files when scanning as shown in the picture, and the problem is that when the program finished scanning indicated that the scan was successful,and no virus was discovered, although two...