Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner's full scan on my Windows 10 PC. It ran for over seven days. It scanned over 25,000,000 files! Didn't know there were... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Master of My Domain, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results

I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner's full scan on my Windows 10 PC. It ran for over seven days. It scanned over 25,000,000 files! Didn't know there were that many on my machine. While it was running it identified 42 infected files. However, when it finally finished the results screen said "no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected." What???Several issues here:Most importantly, how is it possible that files were flagged as infected while the app was running but none were reportedly detected when the app finished?The app ran for over seven days. During that time, i

:)

Master of My Domain, Jun 4, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection - Microsoft Support
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, Jun 4, 2023
  3. MICROSOFT SAFETY SCANNER RESULT

I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner after downloading the latest version, and it found 10 infected files. When I checked the resulting action by Microsoft, the response was "Misleading Win32/chekuem partially removed." Should it have been totally removed???
    Thanks!

scanquestion, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results

Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

Hello Anxious,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

Microsoft Scanner works in steps.

So at first stage it will detect what may be an infected file and it will add that to a list. This is the number you see when you see the scanner progressing. These are not actual infections, just suspicious files.

Once the scan is done the safety scanner will match the suspected files with the most recent database of threats and then tell you the actual infections on your system. If the last number is 0 it means no actual infection was found.

JaspreetSingh08, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...
  3. MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Safety Scanner Confusing Results: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT.While it was scanning it said there were 97 infected files. When it was done it said there were no infected files. Does that mean it removed them? How do I Know what/where they were?...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results: I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner's full scan on my Windows 10 PC. It ran for over seven days. It scanned over 25,000,000 files! Didn't know there were that many on my machine. While it was running it identified 42 infected files. However, when it finally finished the results...
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results

Microsoft Safety Scanner Strange Results: I ran Microsoft Safety Scanner's full scan on my Windows 10 PC. It ran for over seven days. It scanned over 25,000,000 files! Didn't know there were that many on my machine. While it was running it identified 42 infected files. However, when it finally finished the results...
  6. Microsoft Safety Scanner results VirTool:Win32/Defender TamperingRestore Removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner results VirTool:Win32/Defender TamperingRestore Removed: I just used the scanner for the first time.I use Zonealarm Pro and AVG free antivirus.Is anything I have to do?https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=VirTool%3aWin32%2fDefenderTamperingRestore&product=13says:SummaryThis detection is...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Confusing scan results.: I was hijacked by a ransomware attack. Malwarebytes premium found two instances of the virus and quarantined them. I have run the Microsoft Safety Scanner multiple times. The first time it found 4 infected files and removed one of them. I have run the scanner 4 more times and...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner's result is different from the result during the scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner's result is different from the result during the scan: I have run Microsoft Safety Scanner. While it is running it says there are 13 infected files, but when it has finished scanning it says that no infected files were found or removed. Both can't be correct. What should I do next?[Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  10. Issue with the Safety Scanner Result

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue with the Safety Scanner Result: I ran a full scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner. Towards the end of the scan I was showing over 20+ files as being infected. When the scan finished I was informed I had a HackTool/Android-Metaploit. I then decided to run the scan again and the Scanner was showing the...