Windows 10: Microsoft Safety Scanner

Discus and support Microsoft Safety Scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Had windows defender flag some files as a 'threat' so I downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner and it has been scanning the last couple hours...However,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DevAug, May 11, 2021.

1. DevAug Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Had windows defender flag some files as a 'threat' so I downloaded Microsoft Safety Scanner and it has been scanning the last couple hours...However, it has been stuck on one file for 40 minutes now.The file is C:\Program Files x86\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrotray.exeWhat can I do to get Microsoft Safety Scanner past this point? My computer pull infected files and I have been scanning for 5 hours before getting stuck on that file.

:)

DevAug, May 11, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

Hi, Which specific URL are you having problems with?

Does this help?
    You cannot download the Microsoft Safety Scanner because of a malware infection
    "If a malware infection is preventing you from downloading the Microsoft Safety Scanner to your computer, use one of the following methods to download and run the tool.Method 1: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner from removable media

Save the Microsoft Safety Scanner to removable media on an uninfected computer, and then run the tool on the infected computer. To do this, follow these steps:........................................"

You can also get the scanner here e.g.
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download

dalchina, May 11, 2021
  3. jeanacox Win User
    Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

*Original Title: Zeus b2957e virus

Need help/suggestions to remove this virus. Microsoft Safety Scanner was suggested and tried but it could not remove one

which of course is this Zeus b2957e since it is still there. I am a novice compared to most/all of you so I am up for any help/suggestions.

The malware listed on Microsoft Safety Scanner it could not remove= Exploit:Java/Obfuscator.W

[Moved from Windows]

jeanacox, May 11, 2021
  4. JamesJoey Win User

Microsoft Safety Scanner

JamesJoey, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Safety Scanner

1. Microsoft Safety Scanner - Similar Threads - Microsoft Safety Scanner

2. Microsoft Safety Scanner Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Question: I just ran a scan of my C: drive. During the scan, the Microsoft Safety Scanner 1.3.4.1.1044.0 indicated that it had detected 80 infected files. When I returned, to my computer, the scanner had completed the scan. The scanner message read "The completed successfully and no...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Safety Scanner: Msft Safety Scanner 1.339.978.0, finishes the scan and says, "no viruses or spyware or other potentially unwanted software were detected." But I noticed while it was scanning, it says I have 16 infected files. Once it finishes scanning, does it clean up these files, it...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: When doing a full scan using Microsoft Safety Scanner I can see 4 infections reported while the scan is running but the final report shows there were no viruses etc. What report is accurate please ?...
  5. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: While the Safety Scanner is running, it shows that a number of files are infected. However, when the scan is complete, I get the message that "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, etc were detected."There are no options to see more details of the scan...
  6. microsoft safety scanner

microsoft safety scanner: i am using microsoft safety scanner and it just finished a full system scan and it said i had 39 infections. when it was finished it told me i no unwanted spyware or malware. is this normal?...
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: Hello I have used Microsoft Safety Scanner and the program has discovered two infected files when scanning as shown in the picture, and the problem is that when the program finished scanning indicated that the scan was successful,and no virus was discovered, although two...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner question

Microsoft Safety Scanner question: Hi. I downloaded the MSERT and did a scan. It tells me I have 15 infected files [ATTACH] However after the scan completes it tells me I'm Ok. [ATTACH] What gives? Im I OK or not? If I have 15 infected files why does it say I'm Ok? If I'm Ok why does it say I have 15...
  9. Microsoft safety scanner

Microsoft safety scanner: Does anybody have a problem with the safety scanner it is saying i have infected files but when it finishes it says no viruses, spyware or other problems. Anybody have a solution to the problem....
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner: I just want to know if the latest version of the MSS is up to date. It says 1.0.3001. Its been that number for over a year so I was just wandering if its as up to date as possible. I use the MSS once a month. I like it better than my McAfee....