Windows 10: Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs

Discus and support Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question about the old Microsoft TTS voices; Sam, Mary and Mike. Since they are so old now and I can't find any information about them on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by codylash, Feb 14, 2019.

1. codylash Win User

Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs

I have a question about the old Microsoft TTS voices; Sam, Mary and Mike. Since they are so old now and I can't find any information about them on official Microsoft sites, are their outputs allowed to be sampled inside of programs (example: UTAU, a voice synthesizer) and redistributed?

:)

codylash, Feb 14, 2019
  2. jpkitchu Win User

SAPI VOICE - Registry settings to distinguish supported voices

Hi,

I'm working on a Text-to-Speech messaging application with SAPI Voice version 5.3 plus installed in my computer. I have installed some old voices such as Microsoft Mary and Mike. My app allows me to select a voice from the list of voice available on the
    system. When I send a message, I hear the selected voices on the radios. But when I select unsupported voices, it does nothing. So, I'm thinking of hiding the voices which are not supported by current SAPI version.

Is there a way I can get some parameter from the Registry settings to distinguish the voice supported or not supported by SAPI version?

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks!

jpkitchu, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft SAM

Is Microsoft SAM yeam authorised to collect invoice and other information from Customer ?

PiyushAggarwal1, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs

Microsoft® SAPI 5.1 voice technology in Windows 10 ????

Hi,

I use the add-on for my Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (only "game" with i like it) and use the Microsoft® SAPI 5.1 voice technology. The win10 has this app inside (SAPI 5.1)? My add-on returns error (need five or more voices) to run... (works fine in
    XP - WinXP compatibility mode d oesn´t work in this case). Can i install the Microsoft® SAPI 5.1 voice technology in Windows 10? Other question... in Hyper-V mode (XP) the register of Windows 10 and the Hyper-V are the same... if i use the Hyper-V to run
    an app and licensead it in the register (?) the same program run in Windows 10 appear "licensead". If not, the program run in Hyper-V "comunicate" with other run Win10 at same time.

Thanks

Martin.

Tin Master, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs

1. Microsoft Sam/Mary/Mike, old Microsoft SAPIs - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sam Mary

2. How did Microsoft create Sam, Mike, & Mary?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did Microsoft create Sam, Mike, & Mary?: How did Microsoft create Sam, Mike, & Mary? Like the SAPI4 and SAPI5 versions of their voices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-microsoft-create-sam-mike-mary/0ddc2025-46d1-46c1-93a6-0d878580b079
  3. How did Microsoft create Sam, Mike, & Mary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did Microsoft create Sam, Mike, & Mary?: How did Microsoft create Sam, Mike, & Mary? Like the SAPI4 and SAPI5 versions of their voices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-microsoft-create-sam-mike-mary/0ddc2025-46d1-46c1-93a6-0d878580b079
  4. Who provided their voices for the windows xp sam, mike and mary tts voices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who provided their voices for the windows xp sam, mike and mary tts voices?: I make this question because i saw many comedic youtube videos using the sam, mike and mary tts voices from windows xp's narrator app in the past and i really wanted to know since this year. Does somebody from the microsoft team know?...
  5. Who provided their voices for the windows xp sam, mike and mary tts voices?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who provided their voices for the windows xp sam, mike and mary tts voices?: I make this question because i saw many comedic youtube videos using the sam, mike and mary tts voices from windows xp's narrator app in the past and i really wanted to know since this year. Does somebody from the microsoft team know?...
  6. regedit.../SAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regedit.../SAM: Respect. I'm trying to delete or change the type of built in account that I don't use, because I have two accounts with administrator privileges. The account I use is admin privileges, but still whatever I do I have to "Run as administrator", I can't manage the desktop and in...
  7. mike in the computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mike in the computer: the mike in the computer isnt workingit cant hear what im saying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mike-in-the-computer/abaf208c-b36b-4d11-abf9-131004eead95
  8. Mike Ybarra leaving Microsoft after 20 years Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Mike Ybarra leaving Microsoft after 20 years Xbox: After 20 years at Microsoft, its time for my next adventure. Its been a great ride at Xbox and the future is bright. Thanks to everyone at TeamXbox, Im incredibly proud of what weve accomplished and I wish you the best. More soon on whats next for me (super excited)! 1/2......
  9. How can I use more of the microsoft voices to SAPI?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use more of the microsoft voices to SAPI?: I am using a program that utilizes the Microsoft Speech API but it only lists David, Haruka, Hazel and Zira. But there are a lot more microsoft voices installed that are listed in the TTS settings (George, Ayumi, Ichiro, etc). Is there a way to use them with the SAPI?...
  10. Microsoft SAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft SAM: Is Microsoft SAM yeam authorised to collect invoice and other information from Customer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/microsoft-sam/4778d453-b208-416e-bfa0-0e151ab8cec8"