Windows 10: microsoft says can't open account, do restart to fix - doesn't work

Discus and support microsoft says can't open account, do restart to fix - doesn't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had computer on "sleep", electricity went off. When I tired to bring up my main account, got message that it could not be opened, but to hit start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shirleyfm, Jul 13, 2020.

1. shirleyfm Win User

microsoft says can't open account, do restart to fix - doesn't work

I had computer on "sleep", electricity went off. When I tired to bring up my main account, got message that it could not be opened, but to hit start again and that should solve the problem. After trying many times, it did not. I have lost every thing on that account. I am hoping that if I can reopen that account I can restore things. I have tried the directions that are suppose to open the account but nothing is working. If you have any information as to how to fix or how to contact someone in Microsoft to help, I would appreciate it.

:)

shirleyfm, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jul 13, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 13, 2020
  4. microsoft says can't open account, do restart to fix - doesn't work

Can't connect to Microsoft Services like Microsoft Account using my home network.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• When you try browse with edge do you get any error message?
    Issue: Microsoft Edge

I would suggest you to try to restart Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.
    If the above steps doesn't help. Please perform the below suggested methods and check.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Issue: Microsoft Account

You can try running the Microsoft Accounts troubleshooter. It's an
    automated tool that can find and automatically fix some problems.

Hope this helps, for any other queries do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

microsoft says can't open account, do restart to fix - doesn't work

1. microsoft says can't open account, do restart to fix - doesn't work - Similar Threads - microsoft says can't

2. How do I recover my Microsoft account saying account doesn't exist everywhere.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Microsoft account saying account doesn't exist everywhere.: Hey! I have a problem with my Microsoft account I've been using for over 1.5+ years. Yesterday my pc was affected by Trojan Virus but later i removed it. It was connected to my Windows 11 Pro and when i check any other email was there probably cuz of Trojan virus. Now when I...
  3. How do I recover my Microsoft account saying account doesn't exist everywhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my Microsoft account saying account doesn't exist everywhere.: Hey! I have a problem with my Microsoft account I've been using for over 1.5+ years. Yesterday my pc was affected by Trojan Virus but later i removed it. It was connected to my Windows 11 Pro and when i check any other email was there probably cuz of Trojan virus. Now when I...
  4. Microsoft Says account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Says account doesn't exist: I recently purchased a new laptop. When I try to access my account from the new laptop it says "That Microsoft Account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." I have been using this account for a few years and am now stuck. HELP...
  5. Microsoft Says account doesn't exist

Microsoft Says account doesn't exist: I recently purchased a new laptop. When I try to access my account from the new laptop it says "That Microsoft Account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one." I have been using this account for a few years and am now stuck. HELP...
  6. New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset: I wanted to created an account on our Windows 11 laptop for my son so he could start learning to program after getting a Python book for Christmas. So, I went to Settings > Family & Other Users and setup a new Outlook.com account for him. However, when we try to login using...
  7. New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset

New Microsoft Child Account, Password Doesn't Work, Can't Reset: I wanted to created an account on our Windows 11 laptop for my son so he could start learning to program after getting a Python book for Christmas. So, I went to Settings > Family & Other Users and setup a new Outlook.com account for him. However, when we try to login using...
  8. Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it: whenever I open my Microsoft store it doesnt open. it doesnt appear on the apps and feature, wsreset doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-doesnt-appear-on-apps-and-feature/b04a8aea-9f3b-4057-b659-526bfd85c049
  9. Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it

Microsoft Store doesn't appear on apps and feature and doesn't open How do i fix it: whenever I open my Microsoft store it doesnt open. it doesnt appear on the apps and feature, wsreset doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-doesnt-appear-on-apps-and-feature/b04a8aea-9f3b-4057-b659-526bfd85c049
  10. "Open Microsoft Edge with" doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Open Microsoft Edge with" doesn't work.: I set up Edge to start with the following URLs: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ Each time I open Edge it shows previous sites that I've been to. Did I miss a setting or is this a bug?...