Windows 10: Microsoft Says I Own An App I never Purchased

Discus and support Microsoft Says I Own An App I never Purchased in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I looked in my Microsoft Library, and it says I purchased an app Candy Crush Saga either "minutes ago" or on the 20th of December, 2019. But I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnShel91, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft Says I Own An App I never Purchased

I looked in my Microsoft Library, and it says I purchased an app Candy Crush Saga either "minutes ago" or on the 20th of December, 2019. But I never purchased this app, nor made any purchases on those specified times. Has my account been hacked?

:)

JohnShel91, Dec 22, 2019

2. Staff Pad in-app Purchase

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, please share this:

Are you trying to purchase the app from Windows Store?

Try the below methods and check:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps below to reset the Windows store:

• Press the “Win Logo” + “R”

• Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Store sharing purchased apps

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Have you added any alias to your Microsoft Account, from which you have purchased the apps?

• Are you able to view your purchased app other all the Microsoft account, from which you are logging in to your computer?

I would suggest you the run Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Microsoft Says I Own An App I never Purchased

Apps purchased not listed

Hi Tina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it is, when the application doesn’t work in the way it should. For us to isolate the issue and to assist you further, we'd like to ask you a few questions

1. Did you just install the app or just downloaded it?
    2. Are you able to access the apps (by searching for a particular app) from the search option of the taskbar?
    3. Which apps did you purchased?
    4. What are you referring, when you say
      can't get my laptop to show up as one of my devices?
    However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try logging OFF and logging IN again to Windows Store

Purchased apps can be installed on up to five devices/users. I would suggest you to try logging off and logging in again to Windows Store. When you are in the Windows Store, use the settings charm, click on "Your Account"
    and sign out.

Method 2: Try logging to Order history.

1. Go to Windows store and login.
    2. At right hand top corner you may find your profile.
    3. Click Order history.
    4. For more information please refer the following article on

I can't find or install an app from Microsoft Store
    (Also valid for Windows 10)

Method 3: Try reset Store cache in Windows 10.

To clear the windows store cache, please follow the steps given below.

1. Press Windows key +
      R, and type Cmd.
    2. Select Command Prompt (Admin). Click
      Yes or type your password if prompted by the User Account Control (UAC).
    3. Type WSReset.exe
      and hit Enter.
    4. Wait for the process to finish.
    5. The Windows Store will automatically launch once the process is done.

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    View your Microsoft Store order history
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Says I Own An App I never Purchased

1. Microsoft Says I Own An App I never Purchased - Similar Threads - Microsoft Says Own

2. I own a game but I can't launch it. It only says that they offer in app purchases.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I own a game but I can't launch it. It only says that they offer in app purchases.: I tried to get an game called Roblox. It says I owned it, but I can't launch it, and it only says "offers in app purchases". I've also tried to reset Microsoft store. Nothing worked. How do you fix this?...
  3. I own a game but I can't launch it. It only says that they offer in app purchases.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I own a game but I can't launch it. It only says that they offer in app purchases.: I tried to get an game called Roblox. It says I owned it, but I can't launch it, and it only says "offers in app purchases". I've also tried to reset Microsoft store. Nothing worked. How do you fix this?...
  4. I own a game but I can't launch it. It only says that they offer in app purchases.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I remember purchasing Minecraft, Java and now it it says I have never owned it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I remember purchasing Minecraft, Java and now it it says I have never owned it: I bought a Minecraft Java digital copy a while ago and I was trying to sign into my Java account on questcraft which runs on Minecraft java but it won't sign in if you don't own the Java edition help...
  6. I remember purchasing Minecraft, Java and now it it says I have never owned it

I remember purchasing Minecraft, Java and now it it says I have never owned it: I bought a Minecraft Java digital copy a while ago and I was trying to sign into my Java account on questcraft which runs on Minecraft java but it won't sign in if you don't own the Java edition help...
  7. Microsoft is saying I don't own Minecraft but I have purchased it before.

Microsoft is saying I don't own Minecraft but I have purchased it before.: I purchased Minecraft Java Edition on a Mojang account on minecraft.com and have gotten it migrated to a Microsoft account since then. I've been able to play it freely on my laptop, but I've recently purchased a new PC and I am unable to download the game.When I go onto...
  8. it says i already own this app

it says i already own this app: i was gonna download the xbox app on the microsoft store but it says i already own it when i go to click install it shows a circle with a red cross in it it does this for multible other games s well someone please help...
  9. Why am I seeing apps in the Store as 'owned by me' that I have never purchased?

Why am I seeing apps in the Store as 'owned by me' that I have never purchased?: The list of apps in my Microsoft Store that I 'own' contains loads of stuff I have not purchased it is not in my purchase history. My Purchase History doesnt include any of them There are no unusual devices attached to my account Most of the apps are XBox games and I don't...
  10. Microsoft store says i already own the app

Microsoft store says i already own the app: I installed instagram app a few months back. And i didn't get notification for updates, so i uninstalled the app from Settings. There, i uninstalled the app. Later, i tried to re-install it from the Microsoft Store. It says, i already own the app and on its right there is...