Windows 10: Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

Discus and support Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft takes another step out of cellphones as Nokia plots return Ten months after writing down much of its disastrous acquisition of Nokia’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 18, 2016.

1. Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

Microsoft takes another step out of cellphones as Nokia plots return

Read more: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...69c483822c4633

:)

Cluster Head, May 18, 2016

2. MyPhone - Keeping Windows Mobile Alive

Thanks for the kind words, k1DBLITZ! I've shared your sentiment with the rest of the team.

Richie Weldon

Richie Weldon - MSFT, May 18, 2016
  3. k1DBLITZ Win User
    MyPhone - Keeping Windows Mobile Alive

Just wanted to say that I often think of switching to a competitors phone (rhymes with "google" ) but I always think twice about it now that I've discovered the myphone service. I can't wait to see how it grows and what features are continued to be added.

Great job guys, keep up the good work.

k1DBLITZ, May 18, 2016
  4. Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

BugMeister, May 19, 2016
  5. Phone Man Win User
    As far as I am concerned, Windows 10 Mobile is dead. I bought the ICON two years ago and it's still on 8.1 and no 10 in the future.
    The ICON was a flagship phone for MS but looks like the Titanic now. Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice and shame on me.

Jim *Mad

Phone Man, May 19, 2016
  6. Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

Cluster Head, May 19, 2016
  7. zooburner Win User
    Honestly I simply don't care what Microsoft promises now, Windows phone is long gone as viable system to me, it's not that it was bad, I really enjoyed my windows phone.
    With the whole windows 10 thing I have just simply lost all faith in Microsoft

zooburner, May 19, 2016
  8. Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

..it's not that bad
    - did you read the headline?

- just means a change of direction for Nokia
    - and a change of manufacturer for the hardware stuff..

BugMeister, May 19, 2016
  9. zooburner Win User
    Nokia phones to me have always been very well built, i think a move to android is a great idea for Nokia

zooburner, May 19, 2016
  10. Phone Man Win User
    *Smile

Phone Man, May 19, 2016
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

Ms can say what it likes - and Windows Mobile is obviously a high up exec's pet project but even Ms can't buck the market indefinitely.

Whatever the merits or otherwise of Windows phone - and there ARE some good things about Windows phone - it's a dead duck --almost NOBODY is developing sensible everyday commonly used apps for it (Banking, travel, e-commerce - billing etc). Not all phone users are purely interested in playing games or "twittering" all day.

You can't empty the Pacific Ocean using a thimble -- that's what Ms are almost trying to do with their dogged perserverance of the Doomed Windows phone project.

Of course Windows phone users can always access the relevant Full (Computer type) standard web sites for Banking etc - but these are often very inconvenient to use on phones with no mouse and small screens compared with sites designed specifically for Mobile phone usage.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 19, 2016
  12. Phone Man Win User
    I ran the update advisor on my Icon and it now says it is eligible for an upgrade to Windows 10. But it says that MS is working with my mobile operator (Verizon) and I will get a notification when it is ready. Took a year to get the 8.1 update.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, May 24, 2016
  13. stormy13 Win User

Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

stormy13, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

1. Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive - Similar Threads - Microsoft Says It’s

2. Windows 10 not showing alivable networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not showing alivable networks: So it was all fine until I installed linux ubuntu as a second os trough dos. Everything was fine in ubuntu until i went back to win 10. There I realized that windows was unable to find any connection. I tried everything, read other simmilar posts, but none of them worked....
  3. USB HDD Keep Alive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB HDD Keep Alive: Hello everyone. I have a specific need. Before you say "do this instead" or get a Nas, I simply cannot afford any other options. I have a USB HDD attached to my router. My computer hosts a Plex Media server. That USB drive has it's own share drive in File Explorer. My only...
  4. How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I commit more memory? It says only .8/2.5 committed.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sirjackallot_25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gu9r0g/how_do_i_commit_more_memory_it_says_only_825/
  5. Microsoft new plan to keep Cortana alive and differentiated

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft new plan to keep Cortana alive and differentiated: We've heard for at least a year that Microsoft was working to reposition Cortana from a standalone assistant like Alexa and Google Assistant, to more of an assistance aide. Details on what that meant were scarce until this week when Microsoft started sharing more about its...
  6. Keeping the Bluetooth connection alive (or automatic reconnection)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keeping the Bluetooth connection alive (or automatic reconnection): Until last year-summer the Bluetooth connection was working perfectly: the headsets were connecting automatically, once the connection was activated. If for some time there was no sound playing, the headsets were disconnecting automatically, then, when the sound was becoming...
  7. How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Keep Laptop Battery Alive and Well: I've read the Windows 10 tutorial on battery saver, but it doesn't seem to address what I need to know. Neither do the various threads on same. I need to know if this particular "battery saver" will preserve my battery if I leave it plugged into the wall socket 90% of the...
  8. Microsoft commits to 10-year support lifecycle for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft commits to 10-year support lifecycle for Windows 10: It's been a bad week for conspiracy theorists. As the Windows 10 launch nears, Microsoft is clearing up loose ends. Today's announcement of a 10-year support commitment for Windows 10 should remove one persistent bit of FUD from the discussion. Earlier this week, Microsoft...
  9. Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reaffirms commitment to Windows Mobile: new flagships on way: When Satya Nadella announced that Microsoft would be writing down the Nokia assets that they purchased and changing up the strategy for building phones, there was quite a bit of 'jumping to conclusion' that Windows Phone was dead. But, for the astute reader who checked out...
  10. Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is committed to the Surface lineup.: Important news following the false rumor about the fate of Surface. Contrary to some click-bait headlines, SP3 has garnered some attention and is doing alright I think. Nadella: Microsoft committed to Surface line - Neowin It's really amazing to see these...