Windows 10: Microsoft says it's taking over updates for Windows 10 Mobile devices

Discus and support Microsoft says it's taking over updates for Windows 10 Mobile devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Microsoft introduced Windows Phone, nearly five years ago, the company promised that it would control the update process, bypassing the carriers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft says it's taking over updates for Windows 10 Mobile devices

Read more: Microsoft says it's taking over updates for Windows 10 Mobile devices | ZDNet

Brink, May 15, 2015
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: http://winbeta.org/news/microsoft-cl...osoft-send-out

:)

Brink, May 17, 2015
  3. Dellaabc Win User
    Windows 10 taking over my computer for updates.

I am so tired of Windows restarting my computer when ever it deems necessary to install updates. It gives me a warning to reschedule but the it doesn't allow me to reschedule. I've changed my settings to update at 3 am and still it shuts down at any time.

My internet is slow to begin with and these updates stop us from doing other things. If my computer is in hibernation and we are watching Netflix or Hulu, our show just stops mid stream and we have to wait for the updates to finish. Today it was over an
    hour. Thank you Microsoft for interrupting my day and my schedule for yours!

My next computer will be a MAC!!!!!!

Dellaabc, May 17, 2015
  4. eks1910 Win User

Barnes & Noble Nook app

I can find Barnes & Noble Nook app for PC, but when I try to search for it using the Microsoft store app on my Lumia 735 phone running Windows 10 it can't be found, all I find are music titles with the word "nook" in the title.

Using the mobile Edge browser to go to Barnes & Noble web-site they have a link that will take me to the Microsoft store web-site but it says it isn't available for my device even though system requirements say Windows 10 and an ARM, or X86 processor.

Is there any plans on updating the app to work on mobile devices?

eks1910, May 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Microsoft says it's taking over updates for Windows 10 Mobile devices - Similar Threads - Microsoft says taking

2. Windows 10 Update Taking Over My PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Update Taking Over My PC: I took one of the Windows 10 updates and it has taken over my PC, so how do I correct? How has it taken over?: Every month it resets my PC by removing all my set-up/apps that are on my desktop and leaving me the basics set-up/apps as if I were a brand new customer. How do I...
  3. Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center: Hello I'm trying to download Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center from microsoft, but it seems that the link is broken. can anyone help me please https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4f68eb56-7825-43b2-ac89-2030ed98ed95&displaylang=en...
  4. Update and indexing taking over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and indexing taking over: Sorry if this sounds like a rant but frustration is getting the better of me. Can someone help to mange the resources that W 10 takes up in updating. This computer has taken 2 days so far to download and resource the latest build and still going (it hasn't even started to...
  5. Windows 10 taking over BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taking over BIOS: Hi, I have recently rebuilt my computer and done a clean install of Windows 10 build 1809. Since I have loaded Windows I am unable to get into bios either with del f2 or the restart uefi system. As I started loading Windows the last time and was fiddling in bios I noticed...
  6. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...
  7. No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!

No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!: Hi everyone, I am running windows 10 pro and now i want to update my system using "Windows Updates". The problem is that Windows Update is showing numerous new updates for the system but i have a mobile broadband (ie. usb dongle type) for internet purposes over which i want...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?

Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?: I was under the impression that Lumia devices with 512MB RAM weren't going to be get getting the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update, however today I turned on my old Lumia 635 to double-check a question I replied to on this forum earlier and it updated itself to the Windows...
  9. Part 2 - No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!

Part 2 - No Windows Updates over Mobile Broadband!: Hi all. I am starting this new thread as the previous thread had become quite old and no one was replying on that post. I had started a thread here a while ago regarding usage of a mobile broadband like 3g/4g to receive windows updates in Windows 10. The method worked...
  10. Does Microsoft take over?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Microsoft take over?: I really want to upgrade to 10 but I am reading so much about Microsoft controlling everything it puts me off. Can we still control how we go about things? Can we use third party apps? Is there a lot of bloatware? I don't have an xbox but it seems that 10 makes a big...