Windows 10: Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...

Discus and support Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I try to log in to anything with my Microsoft account, it just doesn't work. The only thing that does is their website. When I put in my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amirpeleg1, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...

Every time I try to log in to anything with my Microsoft account, it just doesn't work. The only thing that does is their website. When I put in my CORRECT password it says it's invalid, but when I try to change it it says that it's an old password and I can't use it.

If you have a fix for this please reply, but don't link me to the stupid "contact us" page with no option to contact Microsoft.

:)

amirpeleg1, Oct 15, 2020

2. Incorrect Password with correct password!

So this is new. I refreshed my PC due to some odd issues and relinstalled some needed drivers. One being for my Netgear A6210 (which has been giving me troubles in the past like failing to connect to the network when waking up from sleep).

So my A6210 has no issue connecting to my 2.4Ghz network but now (which it didn't used to do before) it tells me my password for my 5G network is incorrect even though I know for a fact it is correct. My phone at the same distance as my wireless adapter connect to the 5G network with the same pass. I even changed the pass and had my phone connect to it again but the A6210 just fails to accept the pass. Windows just keeps telling me its incorrect.

I couldn't find much searching the web on this. Most say to reset router but the router is ok (since my phone can connect). I tried re installing the driver for it but issue persists.

To make sure it isn't some keyboard fault I copy the password exactly as it is set in the router's wireless setting page and paste it when it asks for the key.

AphexDreamer, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...

Can't log in to Windows 10 to reset Windows.- says password incorrect but it’s correct

When trying to do a reset windows 10 says the password to login is incorrect however it is the correct password I even reset the password upon seeing this message. After trying a bunch of different suggestions on this website I found the right answer however
    I cannot respond to any of the threads because they’re locked. The correct answer should be that after resetting the password because you were confused that the password was correct in the first place and you were using the pen to login the past year upon
    resetting the password via your phone or the computer you need to login using that password before doing the reset and it will say it is incorrect and then it will say forgot password below the login this is where you need to click forgot password and it will
    say you’re not connected to the Internet.This will now bring to your attention that the reason why the password that was reset doesn’t work is because when does hasn’t stored and it’s cash the new password on the logon screen you need to connect to the Internet
    and type the Wi-Fi setting and then make sure you have an Internet connection the reset password will not work

Redundanttasks.com, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it...

1. Microsoft says my password is incorrect even though it is correct and when I change it it... - Similar Threads - Microsoft says password

2. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  3. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct: Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 330 , and got a black screen on startup, i only get the Lenovo logo then it goes blank. I tried several solutions online but the screen is still black. I tried entering safe mode but the screen is still black and can’t do anything. I tried entering...
  4. Screen black, and incorrect Microsoft password even though it is correct

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...: Like the title says, I am having this issue with my work computer. I have contacted IT and they reset my password. I can now log in. Next, when I lock my computer because I am away from my desk, I cannot get back in because it says incorrect password. Has been happening for a...
  6. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  7. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct: Hi, So this morning I woke up and opened my computer, then I opened settings and replaced my old microsoft account with my new one. After that I shut downed my pc and went to shower. After I finished showering, I turn my pc back on, then it says I need to download something...
  8. Why my password is incorrect even though I know the password was correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 says my password is incorrect even though my password is correct.: Every time I try to log into this specific device it says my password for my Microsoft account is incorrect, even though it is the correct password as it's the same account and password I use on other devices which work just fine. I've tried using the onscreen keyboard to...
  10. It keeps saying my password is incorrect even though I just changed it three days ago and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It keeps saying my password is incorrect even though I just changed it three days ago and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eldritch_hor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjibq2/it_keeps_saying_my_password_is_incorrect_even/