Windows 10: Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is

Discus and support Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I ran the DISM. I ran SFC. My internet works for every other purpose except for Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 4Carrots, Jul 3, 2020.

1. 4Carrots Win User

Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is

I ran the DISM.

I ran SFC.

My internet works for every other purpose except for Microsoft

:)

4Carrots, Jul 3, 2020
  2. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is

Lost internet connection after connecting TV and PC

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you using wired or wireless connection?
    I suggest you to run network troubleshooter and check if it helps. It is an automated tool which can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.

• Under Network and Internet.

• Click on Network adaptor and Click on Next button.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is

1. Microsoft says PC is not connected to the internet...but it is - Similar Threads - Microsoft says connected

2. Microsoft games say no internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games say no internet connection: It seems like a lot of us are suddenly having this issue that started yesterday and continues today. Says no internet connection. But nothing has changed with my internet, my computer, or my settings, which leads me to believe it's with your apps! I did the troubleshooting...
  3. Microsoft games say no internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft games say no internet connection: It seems like a lot of us are suddenly having this issue that started yesterday and continues today. Says no internet connection. But nothing has changed with my internet, my computer, or my settings, which leads me to believe it's with your apps! I did the troubleshooting...
  4. Microsoft games say no internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.: This is what i get after uninstalling and reinstalling the app. NOTHING works and i honestly have no fu8king idea of what to do. Also i know it says no internet in the bottom, but i am connected to the internet, i think it is a visual bug....
  6. Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.: This is what i get after uninstalling and reinstalling the app. NOTHING works and i honestly have no fu8king idea of what to do. Also i know it says no internet in the bottom, but i am connected to the internet, i think it is a visual bug....
  7. Microsoft store saying no internet when connected to the internet.

8. Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet: Hello, For the past few months my boyfriend has had problems with his windows 10 pc. He has his computer connected via ethernet cable and ever since he moved into a new part of the house and started using ethernet it is saying he is not connected to internet even thought he...
  9. Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Boyfriends PC says Ethernet is Connected but pc still says no internet: Hello, For the past few months my boyfriend has had problems with his windows 10 pc. He has his computer connected via ethernet cable and ever since he moved into a new part of the house and started using ethernet it is saying he is not connected to internet even thought he...
  10. Microsoft saying im not connected to internet???!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft saying im not connected to internet???!!!!!!!!!: Hi i am having a big problem. Whenever i try sign in to any microsoft apps i am being told i am not connected to onternet. When in fact i am using internet through my browser?! i get error code 0x800713AB plus more. This is when i try sign into my microdoft account in...