Windows 10: MICROSOFT SAYS ROUTER SET FOR WEP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

Discus and support MICROSOFT SAYS ROUTER SET FOR WEP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 ON MY LENOVO LAPTOP IDEAPADP400 MY INTERNET CONNECTION SAYS THE LAPTOP HAS NO INTERNET CONNECTION AND THE ROUTER USING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JERRYCHANEY1, Aug 16, 2019.

1. MICROSOFT SAYS ROUTER SET FOR WEP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

AFTER REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 ON MY LENOVO LAPTOP IDEAPADP400 MY INTERNET CONNECTION SAYS THE LAPTOP HAS NO INTERNET CONNECTION AND THE ROUTER USING WEP ENCRYPTION SHOULD BE REPLACED. IS THIS A MICROSOFT DRIVER PROBLEM OR A LENOVO DRIVER PROBLEM?

:)

JERRYCHANEY1, Aug 16, 2019
  2. tigger Win User

WEP Encryption Completely Broken

i use a mac access list on my router,no wep or nothing.if the persons mac addy aint on my routers list.......goodbye.

tigger, Aug 16, 2019
  3. WEP Encryption Completely Broken

yea basically no one will bother your personal network if you filter mac addressess. a great hacker can still get around it i believe by jamming your router but that just adds to the amount of work needed.

Easy Rhino, Aug 16, 2019
  4. MICROSOFT SAYS ROUTER SET FOR WEP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

Unable connect to WEP Security Router

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you get any error message when you try to connect to the network?
    • Are you able to connect to other devices using similar router?

Method 1: If you are able to connect to other devices using the same router, i suggest you to run the troubleshooters by following the steps below:

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter
    by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Internet Connections, click on
      Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: Also run the network adapter troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Network Adapter,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and click on Update option.
    • Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Also check from the manufacturer’s website if you are using updated network adapter.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

MICROSOFT SAYS ROUTER SET FOR WEP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

1. MICROSOFT SAYS ROUTER SET FOR WEP NEEDS TO BE REPLACED - Similar Threads - MICROSOFT SAYS ROUTER

2. Windows Settings says that Microsoft Edge needs to be Restored with Default settings even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings says that Microsoft Edge needs to be Restored with Default settings even...: When I open up Windows Settings, I see that Microsoft Edge needs to be Restored and So i click on it and it does nothing and plus Everything in edge is synced so what gives can someone please help is this a Windows update Bug....
  3. Windows Settings says that Microsoft Edge needs to be Restored with Default settings even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings says that Microsoft Edge needs to be Restored with Default settings even...: When I open up Windows Settings, I see that Microsoft Edge needs to be Restored and So i click on it and it does nothing and plus Everything in edge is synced so what gives can someone please help is this a Windows update Bug....
  4. Windows Settings says that Microsoft Edge needs to be Restored with Default settings even...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Needing a New Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Needing a New Router: I was wondering if anyone can recommend a router? Someone on here sent me one for free a while back, but it went out, so now I'm without one again. . haha. . . I like Linksys Routers, cuz it's all i've ever used. But, i'm inclined to switch if the price is right. . . I can...
  6. Need To Replace 9-Year-Old Netgear Router

Need To Replace 9-Year-Old Netgear Router: Hi I'm looking for a replacement router to replace a 9-year-old Netgear WNL3500L. It hasn't been kept up-to-date (no firmware) and therefore is not as secure as I would like. About a year ago I bought an Asus AC68U but couldn't get it working on my husbands PC so reinstated...
  7. Need help with tranferring settings to new router

Need help with tranferring settings to new router: I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. I have little networking knowledge, but still it is the best they have on site. They have a TP Link N750 router on their network which is failing and needs to be replaced. It will be replaced with a Linksys AC1900 router. I have...
  8. Need help with tranferring settings to new router

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with tranferring settings to new router: I volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. I have little networking knowledge, but still it is the best they have on site. They have a TP Link N750 router on their network which is failing and needs to be replaced. It will be replaced with a Linksys AC1900 router. I have...
  9. Should I Replace My Router

Should I Replace My Router: Hi I am looking for advice regarding our router, not that there is anything wrong with it, far from it. No, what I am after is advice as to whether I should replace it for an up-to-date router. I have not had any security updates since about 2013 and also have reason to...
  10. Need a router!

Need a router!: Need to replace my router but know nothing about them! 3000 sq ft single level home Grandsons do a lot of gaming Wife binge watches Netflix Multiple devices will be in use at same time Currently have a Buffalo AC 1300 4 port with a Netgear 5 port switch so need as many...