Windows 10: microsoft scam

Discus and support microsoft scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i was fooled into letting a caller get accsess to my laptop by saying it was being hacked.consequently rang microsoft to fix this.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by justinharris2, Dec 13, 2018.

1. microsoft scam

i was fooled into letting a caller get accsess to my laptop by saying it was being hacked.consequently rang microsoft to fix this.

:)

justinharris2, Dec 13, 2018
  2. quietman7 - MVP, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Sharief K Win User

microsoft scam

Possible scam?

Hi Thomas,

I can understand the situation you are going through. To help you further, we need the following information.

• Which Microsoft website have you visited?
    • What is the phone number that you have contacted?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to refer to the links for more information on possible scams.

Avoid scams that use the Microsoft name fraudulently

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/msname.aspx

HOW TO: Report the Microsoft phone scam

http://blogs.microsoft.com/cybertrust/2014/09/18/how-to-report-the-microsoft-phone-scam/

@ bhringer, thank you for bringing this to our notice.

Please get back to us with the above information.

Sharief K, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

microsoft scam

1. microsoft scam - Similar Threads - microsoft scam

2. Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft: Just received call saying it was from Microsoft and that they were charging my account $299.00 for something. I have never ordered anything from Microsoft for $299.00 so just hung up. Just alerting that there is a telephone scam about Microsoft. [Original Title: Scam]...
  3. Microsoft Windows 10 product key - scam or true?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Windows 10 product key - scam or true?: Hello! I bought new Windows 10 Pro from GenuinePros and friend too. He tried to install his copy and it looks like scam - his words. How to find if is Windows 10 Product Key true or scam without Windows 10 installation begin? Thank you for fast support. Miro...
  4. microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoftstoreemail.com - Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam?: I'm getting emails from "Microsoft Store <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". Is this a legitimate Microsoft email address or is it a phishing scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoftstoreemailcom/c2740f8f-1679-42aa-ac43-02d5aa18a896"
  5. Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft...

Looks like a scam to me ---how do I get rid of it? I have MalwareBytes and Microsoft...: I ran Micorsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes and they found nothing[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/looks-like-a-scam-to-me-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it-i/d7e71aec-2a0e-4d8c-8010-e333f113ae8e
  6. Scam Microsoft call telling me they will charge me $399 or I will not have any firewall,...

Scam Microsoft call telling me they will charge me $399 or I will not have any firewall,...: I rec'd. a call telling me I would be charged $399 if I did not pay to update my security, firewall, etc. Of course barely spoke English, and I told her to send me an email because I couldn't understand her. She got snotty and told me I had two options and one was to get on...
  7. "Microsoft Error Scam"

"Microsoft Error Scam": Cant you keep MSN/Internet Explorer from being hacked by the "Microsoft Error Scam"??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-error-scam/5644798d-2426-49af-925a-d214bccd1d50
  8. Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019

Microsoft Refund Scam 12-2-2019: Phone call received from (713) 258-7687. I believed this to be a valid refund claim. After $5000.00 was added to my checking account, I was told it was a mistake. That was withdrawn and $500.00 added. That was then deleted and was in the process of being changed when I...
  9. scam with microsoft warning and international charges

scam with microsoft warning and international charges: received a pop up on a new computer saying an error occurred and to call the 800 number. I called and gave access to the person saying they were Microsoft tech support. They found that Russian hackers had accessed and used my credit card for a **** and in China for gambling....
  10. Www.support.me scam + microsoft license

Www.support.me scam + microsoft license: Hello, I received a call which turns out to be the Www.support.me scam I suspected it was something bogus but played along (making him repeat everything a number o times) until reaching the point where he wanted me to connect to www.support.me. At which point he got...