Windows 10: Microsoft scamming

Discus and support Microsoft scamming in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OKAY, so I ask a question on Microsoft answers and a reply I get is a scammer wanting me to call a number. So lucky for me I checked before I called or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomDuncan001, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Microsoft scamming

OKAY, so I ask a question on Microsoft answers and a reply I get is a scammer wanting me to call a number. So lucky for me I checked before I called or ELSE. However the bottom line is unfortunately I cannot trust the replies I get supposedly from Microsoft 'helpers'. I am now not wanting to even click on a link sent to me by supposedly Microsoft as it could very well be a scam as well. It looks like I will have to find help somewhere else as the Microsoft answers site is NOT secure.

:)

TomDuncan001, Jul 10, 2019
  2. quietman7 - MVP, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft scamming

Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft scamming

1. Microsoft scamming - Similar Threads - Microsoft scamming

2. Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address: I just received a call from 1 501-655-3432 and the automated voice advised me that several unknown persons had breached the IP address on several of my devices. The caller went on to say to have the IP address changed, to stop this press one. The caller also stated that the...
  3. Microsoft account security scam?

Microsoft account security scam?: Today 6/1/20 at 11:58 am I received the follwing email in my gmail inbix not soam: New Account Login Dear Account Holder, We Noticed an sign-in attempt in your account from an unrecognized device in Eastern Russia at 4:27 AM GMT. For your account security we have disabled...
  4. Had a hacker today Saturday 5-23-20 try to scam money out of Me to fix My Windows/microsoft...

Had a hacker today Saturday 5-23-20 try to scam money out of Me to fix My Windows/microsoft...: Please note that I received a block on my computer today Saturday 5-23-20 that advised Me to call themfrom Microsoft/ Windows and I did then the guy Daniel who could hardly speak English had me hang up and then he called me back so he could verify I was the person who owned...
  5. Microsoft Password Center, is it a scam?

Microsoft Password Center, is it a scam?: I keep getting emails with the heading Microsoft On Behalf of Bking stating that my password has expired, that I need to respond to Microsoft Password Center, is this a scam?...
  6. How can I block Microsoft Windows 10 update scam from breaking computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I block Microsoft Windows 10 update scam from breaking computer?: Windows 10 keeps trying to "Upgrade" and each time breaks the computer. Eventually, it restores the working version; however, work time is lost due to having the computer unavailable. This appears to be a scam by Microsoft to pay for technical support. How can this !@#$ be...
  7. **Microsoft Warning Alert** scam - Microsoft Community**

**Microsoft Warning Alert** scam - Microsoft Community**: 16th April 2020. Hi Microsoft, PLEASE . comment on this : Whenever I/We get Windows 10 Updates, often daily. there's comment by persons on the Net and personally in touch NOT to post these update. PLEASE ADVISE. THANK YOU. as they say, there's are not advisable. hacked,...
  8. Microsoft Store - Scam/Bug/Or_Help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store - Scam/Bug/Or_Help: I reinstalled My OS with a usb. And now my transaction history and games are wiped from Microsoft store. I tried basically everything even went to them and they remoted my laptop. And they said "we can't find the transactions on our side either" so now I'm scammed out of 90$...
  9. Is the Microsoft Annual Draw a scam?

Is the Microsoft Annual Draw a scam?: I received a text message "Your Mobile No has won GBP£1,000,000 from Microsoft Annual Draw, Contact Dr.Williams, Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with your Name/Cell No/Email for payment." Is this a scam?...
  10. Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service

Scam: I have been receiving calls from someone claiming to be from Microsoft service: I have been receiving calls from someone with a Indian accent, claiming I have a Microsoft service that I got when I purchased my computer. They are telling me that I need to login to my computer and they will help me cancel this service or I will be charged $399.00 on my...