Windows 10: Microsoft scamming

Discus and support Microsoft scamming in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OKAY, so I ask a question on Microsoft answers and a reply I get is a scammer wanting me to call a number. So lucky for me I checked before I called or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomDuncan001, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Microsoft scamming

OKAY, so I ask a question on Microsoft answers and a reply I get is a scammer wanting me to call a number. So lucky for me I checked before I called or ELSE. However the bottom line is unfortunately I cannot trust the replies I get supposedly from Microsoft 'helpers'. I am now not wanting to even click on a link sent to me by supposedly Microsoft as it could very well be a scam as well. It looks like I will have to find help somewhere else as the Microsoft answers site is NOT secure.

:)

TomDuncan001, Jul 10, 2019
  2. quietman7 - MVP, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft scamming

Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft scamming

1. Microsoft scamming - Similar Threads - Microsoft scamming

2. Microsoft Certified Technician Scams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Certified Technician Scams: I noticed the comment posted regarding the man who was cold called by a scammer, I think regarding the Ammy Scam. He had asked who these people are and why aren't they in jail yet. That email was dated 2013. Here we are almost at 2020 and they have been not only scamming the...
  3. Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?

Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  4. microsoft security for scam

microsoft security for scam: Is PCFix247 a co. that Microsoft uses for fixing hacking problem or was I scammed and can I stop the credit card chg. Lucy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-for-scam/99ee2459-ee70-414a-a966-e06f98aa6798
  5. Recently i had purchased A+VCE Pro from Microsoft store and have appeared to be scammed by...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Recently i had purchased A+VCE Pro from Microsoft store and have appeared to be scammed by...: Recently i had purchased A+VCE Exam simulator from Microsoft store and have appeared to be scammed by Microsoft. This product worked for all of 3 weeks and only added a couple of Premium files. At the beginning of May the product stopped working. The product opens up but is...
  6. Spoofing Microsoft - Telephone scam - Fraudulent Webpage - Ransoms

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spoofing Microsoft - Telephone scam - Fraudulent Webpage - Ransoms: Microsoft as of yet, does not have an easy way to notify the proper people in security of scams representing to be from MicroSoft. Impersonating a tradename / trademark is a federal offence. Microsoft makes it difficult to notify their security of these types of...
  7. Microsoft Look Alike Scam

Microsoft Look Alike Scam: Received a warning from a scammer posing as Microsoft using your logos. Warning not to shut down, etc possible damage to computer Is there something you can do against these criminals ?????...
  8. Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?

Unsolicited 'Microsoft Support' phone calls. Scam?: I have receive numerous calls claiming to be from Microsoft and that my W10 computer is at risk. Any info on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsolicited-microsoft-support-phone-calls-scam/b829a312-272b-4b69-be55-e8d91e4ddb5d"
  9. Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM

Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM: Be aware all, there is an email circulating asking individuals (with their MSN Email) to log in to Microsoft Payment Central to process a refund. Ive had it confirmed from Microsoft that it is a SCAM email. I was nearly duped as i am one of those individuals that may be...
  10. Microsoft license scam??

Microsoft license scam??: I am receiving calls on my home phone from someone claiming to be Microsoft saying they are about to cancel my Microsoft license because parties from several countries have hacked my Microsoft account. As far as I know I don't have a Microsoft "license". Sounds like a scam....