Windows 10: Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner

Discus and support Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Conoscan 9950f scanner and a new Windows 10 64 bit computer. As soon as I powered the scanner up, plug and play took off and installed it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by notanexpert1, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner

I have a Conoscan 9950f scanner and a new Windows 10 64 bit computer. As soon as I powered the scanner up, plug and play took off and installed it. Going to settings>printers and scanners showed that it was installed. Clicking on the scanner icon and hit 'manage' brought up the scanner page where I hit scanner properties which showed that it recognized my scanner as a canoscan 9950f and when I hit the Properties button it showed that the device was ready. Hitting the Test Scanner or Camera button went through the scanner's diagnostics and a popup showed "Your imaging device successfully completed the diagnostic test." Going back to the scanner page of settings I clicked on the Open Scanner button. Scan came up but said "To get started, connect to a scanner." If I open Windows Scan on it's own, a popup reads "Problem connecting to scanner. We can't find a scanner. Attach it to your PC and go to PC settings to add it."

If I go to device manager>imaging devices>canoscan 9950f and right-click on it and select "Update driver" it says "The best drivers for your device are already installed."

I am dead in the water here. I might mention that though the Windows topics drop-down box shows Scan 3D, I couldn't find just Scan. I also see that others have the same problem.

:)

notanexpert1, Jul 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 fax and scan does not recognize my scanner

I have exactly the same problem - my all-in-one printer prints perfectly and used to scan perfectly too. Now it says that it cannot detect the scanner.

I am using an Epson WF-4640 and Windows 10. Again, printing works like a dream, which suggests that all is connected quite happily.

I have tried:

• uninstalling and reinstalling the printer
    • updating the printer drivers
    • searching for "Windows Fax and Scan" in the programs and apps, to update it, but I cannot find it
    • likewise, when I go into the device manager, there is no separate scanner listed (I thought this might give me an option to update the driver) - although the printer is shown
    • using "Scan" instead, which the Microsoft app store tells me I have installed, but when I run it, it says that first I have to "connect a scanner" - my scanner is turned on and connected, so I am not sure where to go from here!

Any other suggestions, please? At the moment I am plugging the gap by scanning by the very inferior Epson Scan utility, but I much preferred Windows Fax and Scan - when it worked...

Susievintage, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner

1. Microsoft Scan won't recognize my scanner - Similar Threads - Microsoft Scan won't

2. Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner: The Scan App from the Windows store is having issues connecting the my wireless printer and scanner. What makes this very annoying is that it my laptop has no issues recognizing the printer and scanner - all the devices are connected and recognized under the System...
  3. Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Scan App Can No Longer Recognize Scanner: The Scan App from the Windows store is having issues connecting the my wireless printer and scanner. What makes this very annoying is that it my laptop has no issues recognizing the printer and scanner - all the devices are connected and recognized under the System...
  4. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  5. my HP Scanner won't scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my HP Scanner won't scan: scanner HP7250 won't scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-scanner-wont-scan/c838a276-47e8-4dd3-addf-4e4600ec3db5
  6. Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner

Windows 10 Scan Won't Recognise my Scanner: This question was raised by another user several years ago. I tried their solution disconnect ethernet cable and restart, but it made no difference, so I'm posting again. I have a new Xerox Workcentre 6515 all-in-one printer/scanner. The printing side of it works fine, from...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner: I have a Canon TS5120 All-in-One, and it's worked perfectly until today. All of a sudden, when using Windows Fax & Scan, it isn't recognized. I need to scan an important document and now I can't. I have the latest drivers from Canon. What has caused this problem to suddenly...
  8. scanner not scanning

scanner not scanning: I have a Epson WF 2850 all in one device, Scanner is not scanning? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanner-not-scanning/e7a6e901-a629-4019-a946-8444f2966884
  9. samsung scanner won't scan

samsung scanner won't scan: Following a recent update my samsung printer/scanner will not scan and alerts I/O error whilst communicating with the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-scanner-wont-scan/b6185ead-264b-45fb-a625-ac294c0e2a74
  10. hp scanner won't recognize hp computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp scanner won't recognize hp computer: Last month I was able to scan documents from my HP printer/scanner to my HP computer via Bluetooth, but now, the printer refuses to recognize the computer. How can I force the scanner to recognize the computer. I tried to enable to printer under the Settings option on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wont recognize older canoscan scanner

2. windows fax and scan wont recognize scanner

3. windows scan doesnt recognize my scanner

4. windows scan app not recognizing scanner,
  5. microsoft 3d scan older versions,
  6. windows scan cant find scanner,
  7. windows scan is not recognizing my scanner,
  8. windows fax and scan not detecting scanner,
  9. microsoft scan doesnt find scanner,
  10. windows fax and scan wont scan,
  11. windows scan cant detect my scanner printer,