Windows 10: Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

Discus and support Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran. First we were Norton and now a McAfee customer, when we found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IvanGelb, Mar 25, 2022.

1. IvanGelb Win User

Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran. First we were Norton and now a McAfee customer, when we found that after installing the software the Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran.Demanded refund from Norton they gave it. Now MacAfee is the same result.Can anyone help? Which vendor/tool can help us with this? Who should we seek hand holding from to be safe. We do like the McAfee interface much more than Norton's.

:)

IvanGelb, Mar 25, 2022
  2. Megasty Win User

Norton 2009 is Fast

I will forever think that norton is the biggest viruses you can install on your rig, no matter how fast it gets. Hell, if you can't uninstall it yourself, its a virus...& comcast is giving away mcafee *Wtf :wtf: The only thing that's good about it is that it updates itself 4 times a day. You can actually uninstall it too. I won't be trying norton again unless I want to completely wreck my rig.

Now that is funny as hell...

Megasty, Mar 25, 2022
  3. GopherMan Win User
    Win10 1803 Fail - Needs Non-Existant McAfee Uninstalled

Problem resolved. Don't ask my which one of these steps fixed it:
    - Ran both McAfee and Norton uninstall tools twice (reboot after each uninstall).
    - Found and removed all registry entries containing "McAfee", "Network Associates", "Norton", and "Symantec"
    - Found and removed all files/folders containing "McAfee", "Network Associates", "Norton", and "Symantec"
    I would be shocked (or would I?) if Windows Update was getting tripped up on some Norton artifact and reporting it was McAfee.
    But I did find that the Norton uninstall left a LOT of ...stuff... laying around. Not impressed.

GopherMan, Mar 25, 2022
  4. fps_dean Win User

Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

Norton 2009 is Fast

Too bad it's norton... the only virus it will detect is 10 years old!

The last time I used Norton, it told me the computer was clean. AVG listed 5500 viruses and I could go through the system32 folder and tell they had viruses by looking at the files.

fps_dean, Mar 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran - Similar Threads - Microsoft scanner keeps

2. How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files: Dear MS ,How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-safety-scanner-virus/adc17857-40e2-46f1-a09c-2a04880ecdc1
  3. How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files: Dear MS ,How to delete Microsoft safety scanner virus infected files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-microsoft-safety-scanner-virus/adc17857-40e2-46f1-a09c-2a04880ecdc1
  4. microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report: Hello, i ran the microsoft safety scanner, thinking being infected with malware. During the scan, i saw 5 files being infected, but at the end of the process, the report tell me that i have no virus or malware....???can someone help me with this...
  5. microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report

microsoft safety scanner found infected file, but give no virus at report: Hello, i ran the microsoft safety scanner, thinking being infected with malware. During the scan, i saw 5 files being infected, but at the end of the process, the report tell me that i have no virus or malware....???can someone help me with this...
  6. Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?: I downloaded this Trojan Horse a few weeks ago and it's been messing with my computer. I've had some people help me run a scan on my computer, and now I'm on this safety scanner. Unlike the other scans, it detects 30+ corrupted files. However, when it finishes scanning...
  7. Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?

Microsoft safety scanner finds no virus?: I downloaded this Trojan Horse a few weeks ago and it's been messing with my computer. I've had some people help me run a scan on my computer, and now I'm on this safety scanner. Unlike the other scans, it detects 30+ corrupted files. However, when it finishes scanning...
  8. Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran: Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran. First we were Norton and now a McAfee customer, when we found that after installing the software the Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee...
  9. Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran

Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran: Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee ran. First we were Norton and now a McAfee customer, when we found that after installing the software the Microsoft scanner keeps finding infected files and viruses after Norton and McAfee...
  10. Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...: I ran the latest version of the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found 45 infected files, but on completion indicates that no mitigation was necessary. I've run this twice with version 1.333.533.0 & 1.333.538.0 with the same outcomes. What does that mean? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...