Windows 10: microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

Discus and support microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is a fresh installation of windows 10. I skipped the connect to the internet, because i didnt want to link pc login to my microsoft account. My... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rory012, May 8, 2023.

1. rory012 Win User

microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

This is a fresh installation of windows 10. I skipped the connect to the internet, because i didnt want to link pc login to my microsoft account. My microsoft account is registered on my account anyway...I am the only person on my microsoft. I have no family members on my accountFor some reason, my pc locks every night at 11pm.There is no app i can install/uninstall for Microsoft Screen Time. I cant request access when im logged out because there is no account that is above mine. I cant change my screen time allowed because I am the only member on the microsoft family accountWhat can I do? Do

:)

rory012, May 8, 2023

2. Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 8, 2023
  3. RonBDot Win User
    MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen
    is locked.

RonBDot, May 8, 2023
  4. Anonimiss Win User

microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, May 8, 2023
Thema:

1. microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time... - Similar Threads - microsoft screen locks

2. Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.: Hey whenever I use my windows 11 computer it uses screen time that my parents set up. Unfortunately no matter how much time I use it will always say I haven’t used any time. Even though the computer will shut off after the time limit finishes. Can I have help fixing this....
  3. Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my screen time on Microsoft family safety saying I have used no time.: Hey whenever I use my windows 11 computer it uses screen time that my parents set up. Unfortunately no matter how much time I use it will always say I haven’t used any time. Even though the computer will shut off after the time limit finishes. Can I have help fixing this....
  4. microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...: This is a fresh installation of windows 10. I skipped the connect to the internet, because i didnt want to link pc login to my microsoft account. My microsoft account is registered on my account anyway...I am the only person on my microsoft. I have no family members on my...
  5. microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft screen time locks my pc, but i have no family on my account and no screen time...: This is a fresh installation of windows 10. I skipped the connect to the internet, because i didnt want to link pc login to my microsoft account. My microsoft account is registered on my account anyway...I am the only person on my microsoft. I have no family members on my...
  6. Microsoft family screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family screen time: Hello. I set up my son's account in Microsoft family to control his screen time. However he's 15 and started to manipulate the date an time on the computer to trick the limits I've set up for him. Is there any setup I can use to prevent him to do this? Unfortunately I...
  7. Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time

Microsoft Family: Locked screen time shouldn't count as usage time: If the computer is locked, my child isn't using it, and it shouldn't count as screen time. He's very young and often forgets to log off. If he locks the screen and wakes up in the morning, his time is already used up for the day....
  8. MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen: On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen is locked....
  9. Microsoft Family Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen Time: My child keeps getting time restriction messages on their computer. I have removed all restrictions and it will not update. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? The "Device Limits" are completely off. There aren't any "Content Restrictions" set. I use Netnanny for...
  10. Family screen time

Family screen time: Hello I have recently got a desk to for my child and applied a set screen time. He has told me he can't use his computer at all even after removing the screen time. I can not get into the computer to add myself or even reboot the computer. I am shut out....