Windows 10: Microsoft Screen Time Unable To Add Time

Discus and support Microsoft Screen Time Unable To Add Time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have been trying to give my son extra time for a few days, but when I click on My Parent Is Here, it shows a gray screen for a minute or two... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JenInKy, Oct 31, 2018.

1. JenInKy Win User

Microsoft Screen Time Unable To Add Time

Hi, I have been trying to give my son extra time for a few days, but when I click on My Parent Is Here, it shows a gray screen for a minute or two before saying An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. (800705b4), and when I grant time or remove the time limit, nothing happens. Granting time from a request for more time doesn't work either. How do I fix this?

:)

JenInKy, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

Screen time

Hi,

Setting up time limit allows you to manage the time of a user on a computer. We suggest following the steps on this
    article as an initial troubleshooting step to resolve your issue.

Update us with outcome os we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Screen Time Unable To Add Time - Similar Threads - Microsoft Screen Unable

2. Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer: I previously used the xbox app to manage screen time for my 3 kids. We have set times per day that they can use their computers. Occasionally we provide extra time on an adhoc basis. This extra time is granted outside of their scheduled screen time schedule. Since the...
  3. Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety - Add Screen Time for Computer: I previously used the xbox app to manage screen time for my 3 kids. We have set times per day that they can use their computers. Occasionally we provide extra time on an adhoc basis. This extra time is granted outside of their scheduled screen time schedule. Since the...
  4. Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Add Family Screen Time Not Working?: I added some 8 hours to my son's Microsoft family safety screen time. He is logged out but it still won't stop the countdown. Any ways to fix this?...
  5. Add Screen Time NOW

Add Screen Time NOW: My son will want extra screen time tonight for a school project, but I will be asleep before his normal allowance runs out. Therefore, he won't get the prompt to request screen time from me until it is too late. Is there a way to give him an 8-hour extension right now? I...
  6. Microsoft Screen Time Difficulties

Microsoft Screen Time Difficulties: My daughter left her computer open, and it has locked. She opened the computer back up to request more time from me, but had the pop-up, "Something went wrong, We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the internet?". She checked the internet and is connected...
  7. Microsoft family screen time

Microsoft family screen time: Hello. I set up my son's account in Microsoft family to control his screen time. However he's 15 and started to manipulate the date an time on the computer to trick the limits I've set up for him. Is there any setup I can use to prevent him to do this? Unfortunately I...
  8. Problem with Microsoft Screen Time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Microsoft Screen Time: Hey all! This is my first post on Reddit, even though I’ve been lurking for years :) The problem: I use Microsoft Family Services to track my sons time on his Windows 10 PC. Unfortunately, it is tracking screen time across all profiles on his computer, including mine (the...
  9. Unable to extend screen time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to extend screen time: My screen time was up and I asked my father to extend it. He allowed me to play more and changed the time but nothing happened. I still cannot play because the computer says I don’t have screen time any more...
  10. Microsoft Family Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen Time: My child keeps getting time restriction messages on their computer. I have removed all restrictions and it will not update. This is very frustrating. Is there a solution? The "Device Limits" are completely off. There aren't any "Content Restrictions" set. I use Netnanny for...