Windows 10: Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable

Discus and support Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to use third-party software to take screenshots called ShareX, but for some reason the screen capture key is only opening the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yang Rhett, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable

Hello, I am trying to use third-party software to take screenshots called ShareX, but for some reason the screen capture key is only opening the Windows screen capture tool. I have uninstalled the snipping tool, and it is now a different tool somehow. Things I have tried: 1. Settings > Accessibility > Keyboard > Disable using the print key to capture2. Uninstall the Snipping tool.3. Reassign the hotkey for my third-party app, ShareX which does not work because of the interference from the window screenshot tool.Please help, thank you.

:)

Yang Rhett, Feb 24, 2024

2. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

Thanks for replying! I've done everything you suggested, but the issue still persists. To make it easier to troubleshoot, I've listed all the things I've tried so far.

System Model: OMEN Laptop 15-ek1xxx

Symptom: The Snipping Tool app opens as expected but when trying to take a screenshot by clicking on "New" inside the app or using its shortcuts (PrtSc or Windows + Shift + S), the cursor briefly changes to buffer and the app minimizes, but nothing happens.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Terminated Snipping Tool
    • Repaired Snipping Tool
    • Reset Snipping Tool
    • Updated Windows and drivers
    • Set time automatically
    • Set time to October 30/31, 2021
    • Enabled/disabled settings inside Snipping Tool
    • Enabled delay and fullscreen options inside Snipping Tool
    • Enabled notifications and priority notifications for Snipping Tool
    • Changed Snipping Tool to run "Always" as a background app
    • Enabled Clipboard History
    • Enabled "use PrtSc to use Snipping Tool"
    • Clicked on "New" inside Snipping Tool
    • Used the PrtSc key and Windows + Shift + S shortcut
    • Checked that the keyboard hardware is up to date and not faulty
    • Pinned Snipping Tool to the taskbar
    Advanced Troubleshooting Steps:

• Disabled "Do not allow Snipping Tool to run" in gpedit (Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Tablet PC > Accessories)
    • Created the "DisableSnippingTool" key in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\TabletPC and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\TabletPC) and set it to 0
    • Created the "EnableSnippingTool" key in registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\SnippingTool) and set it to 1
    • Ran sfc/scannow
    • Ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Restarted Windows Explorer
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Snipping Tool via PowerShell/cmd
    • Perfomed a Clean Boot
    • Created a new user profile
    What I have not tried:

• Enabled App Permissions Picture on Snipping Tool (the option does not show on advanced options)
    • Ran the Windows 11 Snipping Tool Directly from the "Windows.old" folder (I do not have Windows.old folder)
    • Reset Windows

Vinicius Valins, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Disable the Share Screenshot pop-up

Hi,

To better assist you regarding the issue on share screenshot, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable

Disable the Share Screenshot pop-up

Hi,

Just to confirm, are you having the same issue? If so, kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Right-click on Start menu.
    • Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Touchpad driver.
    • Restart the computer and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
    • If it doesn't reinstall automatically, download and install the latest Touchpad driver from the manufacturer's site.

Also, if you have a OneDrive icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you disable the automatic save of print screens.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable

1. Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable - Similar Threads - Microsoft Screenshot Tool

2. Screenshots with no snipping tool W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshots with no snipping tool W10: I'm looking for a way to automatically save screenshots without using the snipping tool. I create online gaming posts, reviews, and edit games with non-repeatable cinematics. During these moments, I need to take rapid-fire screenshots with auto-save functionality. However,...
  3. Screenshots with no snipping tool W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screenshots with no snipping tool W10: I'm looking for a way to automatically save screenshots without using the snipping tool. I create online gaming posts, reviews, and edit games with non-repeatable cinematics. During these moments, I need to take rapid-fire screenshots with auto-save functionality. However,...
  4. Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable

Microsoft Screenshot Tool Disable: Hello, I am trying to use third-party software to take screenshots called ShareX, but for some reason the screen capture key is only opening the Windows screen capture tool. I have uninstalled the snipping tool, and it is now a different tool somehow. Things I have tried: 1....
  5. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool: I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then...
  6. Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool

Cannot screenshot with Snipping Tool: I can open the program just fine but when I press "New" to take a screenshot or use the shortcuts windows + shift + s / print screen key it simply does not work. All it does is it changes my cursor from normal to buffer for a short time and minimizes the program but then...
  7. Microsoft has a fix for the Windows screenshot tool leak issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has a fix for the Windows screenshot tool leak issue: Microsoft has released a new version of the Snipping Tool for Windows that fixes potential leaks of original images after cropping them. The issue originated on Google Pixel devices on Android, but the researchers discovered that screenshot tools on Windows could also leak...
  8. How to disable snipping tool so I can use plain screenshot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable snipping tool so I can use plain screenshot?: This is what I have done so far. I have windows 11 home and have dual boot: Windows 10 pro but I use 11 mainly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-snipping-tool-so-i-can-use-plain/da2a455b-22d2-4814-af93-c964f1b0f719
  9. Screenshot Disabled Completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot Disabled Completely: My screenshot feature on Windows 10 is not working at all. When I press Win+PrintScreen button, the screen do blink but there is no screenshot in any folder. I tried reset the preferences, the screenshot folder locations, the Registry tweak, deleting the screenshot folder...
  10. Snipping Tool/Screenshots blurry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snipping Tool/Screenshots blurry: The best answer is make sure Display Driver is installed and the RESOLUTION is set to RECOMMENDED, that's all it works good. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-toolscreenshots-blurry/0b34ced7-6901-4fdd-b609-ea918c0bc663