Windows 10: Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke

Discus and support Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running driver 12.78.137.0 and very frequently a short timeout occurs and the keyboard seems to go to sleep. The first keystroke entered is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bensaunders3, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke

I am running driver 12.78.137.0 and very frequently a short timeout occurs and the keyboard seems to go to sleep. The first keystroke entered is ignored or dropped, and the subsequent keystrokes are transmitted. This causes misspellings all day long, and the behavior is not observed with the Microsoft numeric keypad.

The keyboard model is 1559 and uses the USB receiver which is plugged into a Dell Thunderbolt D16 dock, although it doesn't make a difference if it is connected to the dock or directly to a laptop. The computer is an enterprise managed Dell XPS-13 with Win10.

I see many other users posting with similar problems on the same or similar keyboards so the issue is unaddressed so far. I've also requested a callback from Microsoft Support but have not gotten one.

Please help or I will return the keyboard as defective.

:)

bensaunders3, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

The keyboard types multiple of the same letter with one keystroke?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

What is the make and model of the computer?

I would suggest to try with the steps mentioned below.

Method 1: Run Windows 10 inbuilt troubleshooter.

Go to Settings->Update & Security->Troubleshoot->Keyboard->Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Change keyboard settings.

Go to Settings->Ease of Access->Keyboard.

Under Use Filter keys, toggle ignore brief or repeated keystrokes and change keyboard repeat rates to
    On position.

Method 3: Uninstall/Reinstall keyboard drivers.

• Press Windows key and the R key together and choose
      Device Manager.
    • In case of PS2 keyboard, expand Keyboard, right click on
      Standard PS/2 keyboard and select Uninstall.
    • In case of USB keyboard, expand keyboard, right click on
      HID keyboard and select Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer to allow Windows to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from

sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs

if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again.

maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature?

Need help. My Win 10 system is now unusable until I resolve this issur.

Using a second PC to enter this problem description.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks/

smartalecktexan, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke

Microsoft Sculp Ergonomic keyboard and mouse transceiver broken

Hi, I managed somehow to break the transceiver of my MS Sculp keyboard and mouse. Is there anything that i can do? Can I buy a replacement?

Thanks

Regards

Marzia

marziaciurca, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke

1. Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculp Keyboard

2. Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?: I have been having issues with my sculp keyboard, everywhere I click they ask for the serial number I looked everywhere and tried everything it might resemble a serial number with no luck.Impossible to get help by phone, online or anywhere else.Keyboard is not working, it...
  3. Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?: I have been having issues with my sculp keyboard, everywhere I click they ask for the serial number I looked everywhere and tried everything it might resemble a serial number with no luck.Impossible to get help by phone, online or anywhere else.Keyboard is not working, it...
  4. Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke: My Microsoft Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke after idle for a few seconds? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-drops-first-keystroke/c33f9d5d-75bd-45e9-ba68-1270dcbbf2fd
  5. Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke

Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke: My Microsoft Sculpt keyboard drops first keystroke after idle for a few seconds? What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-drops-first-keystroke/c33f9d5d-75bd-45e9-ba68-1270dcbbf2fd
  6. Microsoft Modern keyboard misses first keystroke

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Modern keyboard misses first keystroke: I have a lag time using bluetootn microsoft modern keyboard on windows 10 on an HP laptop. It often misses the first keystroke. I was trying some of the troubleshooting but it won't let me run cmd as an administrator even though I turned off my Norton. Any help would be...
  7. Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft keyboard missing keystrokes: I have tried 2 different microsoft keyboards on 2 different WIN 10 laptops with Win 10 recently updated, they are both missing keystrokes now, I believe due to the Windows 10 update. A cheap Amazon basics keyboard from my husband's compute works, but not any of my microsoft...
  8. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  9. Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently: I have a Sculpt keyboard and it has started to intermittently fail. I can use it for a few minutes, then it will stop working. The only thing I can do to get it working again is to remove and reinsert the batteries (they are new batteries and i've tried a few sets) and then...
  10. Is the Windows 10 phone OS designed to have it always ignore your first keystroke fingertap...

Is the Windows 10 phone OS designed to have it always ignore your first keystroke fingertap...: This happens 100% of the time on both this site & on Facebook and I'm pretty sure everywhere else too. Is this something the IT staff designed in to help us not do something? Or is it to just annoy us? ***Moved from Microsoft Lumia and Nokia Lumia / Using Windows 10 on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sculpt keyboard sleeps too quick

2. missing first keystrokes in usb wireless keyboard under win10