Windows 10: Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently

Discus and support Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Sculpt keyboard and it has started to intermittently fail. I can use it for a few minutes, then it will stop working. The only thing I can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HolmPC, Jul 11, 2019.

1. HolmPC Win User

Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently

I have a Sculpt keyboard and it has started to intermittently fail. I can use it for a few minutes, then it will stop working. The only thing I can do to get it working again is to remove and reinsert the batteries (they are new batteries and i've tried a few sets) and then it works again for a couple of minutes.

I've tried reinstalling/removing Keyboard Center, and moving the receiver etc etc.

Does anyone know of a fix for this, or do I trash the keyboard and buy something different? It's a shame as it's a great keyboard, the most comfortable i've ever used.

:)

HolmPC, Jul 11, 2019

2. Microsoft Sculp Ergonomic keyboard and mouse transceiver broken

Hi, I managed somehow to break the transceiver of my MS Sculp keyboard and mouse. Is there anything that i can do? Can I buy a replacement?

Thanks

Regards

Marzia

marziaciurca, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Keyboard not working...

well damn. i missed that somehow.

All i can suggest is that if the keys keep failing, wiggle the cord, try another port... and get another keyboard. return it, RMA it, sell it, whatever. Grab a logitech or microsoft keyboard, and suffer no more!

Mussels, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently

Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

ralphholmes, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently

1. Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculp keyboard

2. Microsoft sculp mouse with USB issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft sculp mouse with USB issue: Hi,I have the Microsoft sculpt mouse with USB and the keyboard.The Microsoft sculp mouse started acting weird yesterday. The left mouse click does not work properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse. I have checked the USB port it works fine—but it is still the...
  3. Microsoft sculp mouse with USB issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft sculp mouse with USB issue: Hi,I have the Microsoft sculpt mouse with USB and the keyboard.The Microsoft sculp mouse started acting weird yesterday. The left mouse click does not work properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse. I have checked the USB port it works fine—but it is still the...
  4. Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?: I have been having issues with my sculp keyboard, everywhere I click they ask for the serial number I looked everywhere and tried everything it might resemble a serial number with no luck.Impossible to get help by phone, online or anywhere else.Keyboard is not working, it...
  5. Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?

Where is the serial number on a sculp keyboard?: I have been having issues with my sculp keyboard, everywhere I click they ask for the serial number I looked everywhere and tried everything it might resemble a serial number with no luck.Impossible to get help by phone, online or anywhere else.Keyboard is not working, it...
  6. Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently: Hi, I have a Microsoft Comfort 5050 wireless keyboard, which I used with a laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Every once in a while, the keyboard starts dropping characters, i.e., I'll type and only some of the characters will show up on the screen. Unplugging the wireless USB...
  7. Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently: Hi, I have a Microsoft Comfort 5050 wireless keyboard, which I used with a laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Every once in a while, the keyboard starts dropping characters, i.e., I'll type and only some of the characters will show up on the screen. Unplugging the wireless USB...
  8. Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently

9. Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke

Microsoft Sculp Keyboard drops or ignores first keystroke: I am running driver 12.78.137.0 and very frequently a short timeout occurs and the keyboard seems to go to sleep. The first keystroke entered is ignored or dropped, and the subsequent keystrokes are transmitted. This causes misspellings all day long, and the behavior is not...
  10. Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently

Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently: I have a Sculpt keyboard and it has started to intermittently fail. I can use it for a few minutes, then it will stop working. The only thing I can do to get it working again is to remove and reinsert the batteries (they are new batteries and i've tried a few sets) and then...