Windows 10: Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues

Discus and support Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning, I have just updated win 10 and the USB receiver for the keyboard is no more recognised. The error message in Device manager:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ipoclorato, May 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues

Good morning,

I have just updated win 10 and the USB receiver for the keyboard is no more recognised.

The error message in Device manager: "Unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed)"

I've tried:

- repluggling the USB

- Changing USB port

- uninstalling the USB from device manager

- Updating the USB in device manager

- troubleshooting - although the hardware and devices doesn't exit anymore so there's no way to run any troubleshooting on USB devices (thanks MS)

- Installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre (as apparently there are no drivers for the keyboard)

- Done all of the above again

- Keyboard centre says "no supported device detected"

So I am lost and really don't know what else to do.

I've also ran CCleaner to "fix" the registry but nothing has changed.

Any ideas on what to do besides buying either a new pc or keyboard?

thank you in advance!

:)

ipoclorato, May 22, 2019
  2. T_96 Win User

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse Connect to Different USB Adapter

Hi,

I have the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse (wireless with separate USB adapter). Is there any way to connect the keyboard to a different wireless USB adapter that belongs to another Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse?

I brought the keyboard to another system, which also has the same Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse. However, I did not bring the wireless USB adapter, assuming I would be able to pair the keyboard with another USB adapter of the identical product.

Thanks

3. Junaid_A Win User
    Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 22, 2019
  4. brdja80 Win User

Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues

Bluetooth Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

Is anyone aware if Microsoft is considering releasing bluetooth version of the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard (or Desktop)?

In my opinion, it would be a great step forward for this great product.

brdja80, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues

1. Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft sculpt ergonomic

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mouse Bundle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mouse Bundle: I bought a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mouse Bundle a little over a year ago. I've noticed that the mouse has not been working well lately (yes, I've changed the batteries) but my keyboard is great. If I were to buy a new MS ergo mouse (like the one I have),...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not working

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not working: I got a new Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and it's not connecting to my laptop. The mouse works fine, but the keyboard isn't and neither is the number pad. What I've tried so far: I've tried it on two Windows 10 laptops, didn't work on either. I've updated the drivers....
  4. Unable to connect a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard

Unable to connect a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard: I have the Microsoft sculpt ergonomic wireless combo and my keyboard wont type, I changed the batteries but it still wont respond. What can I do?...
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard works intermittently

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard works intermittently: [ATTACH] Dear all, I own this product since March 2018 and never had a problem with it. Yesterday, it stopped working, so I thought I had to replace the batteries. Today I bought new ones and, after a minute of innactivity, the keyboard doesn't respond. I tried to connect...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse problems

Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse problems: I am having major problems with the Microsoft Sculpt Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse combo sets. I'm an IT consultant and I have recommended several of these sets to customers. I would say that I have about an 80% failure rate with these devices. I've had to return them...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard: Does anybody know if Microsoft developed a new software to enable people with disabilities to map keys to text input macros? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-ergonomic-keyboard/6d9aea3e-3ba0-426a-b76d-dcc9e7a494de
  8. How to assign Macros for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard

How to assign Macros for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard: Has anyone heard if Microsoft have updated software to be able to map keys to text input macros? Many users of assistive input tech. require these functions to overcome disabilities and repetitive strain injury. Have we made any progress? The old natural keyboard (with...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse: I bought this mouse 10 May 2017 from Officeworks Australia in the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Combo Set for $148 and absolutely love the design. However, the wheel now doesn't work at all and neither the left nor right click buttons work as of today. I have been very...
  10. Microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting

Microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting: Hi, This problem has been driving me crazy for the past few days. Suddenly my keyboard and mouse are randomly disconnecting. I keep having to unplug it and plug it back in, sometimes 20 times before it starts to work again, sometimes just for a few seconds. When I tried...