Windows 10: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard will not type upper case 'C' with shift keys

Discus and support Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard will not type upper case 'C' with shift keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a Msft Sculpt Keyboard. After much fussing and finding the Mouse and Keyboard utility, I got the keyboard to work. However, the letter "C" won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ejbSF, Mar 13, 2021.

1. ejbSF Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard will not type upper case 'C' with shift keys

I got a Msft Sculpt Keyboard. After much fussing and finding the Mouse and Keyboard utility, I got the keyboard to work. However, the letter "C" won't type in upper case using the shift keys. Press shift+c and you get nothing. Press c alone and you get a c. Turn on caps lock and you can get a "C", you just can't press shift+c.

I've tried this on two different Win10 machines, both up to date with all windows and hardware drivers. One is a brand new Acer Aspire, Win10 home, the other is an older Dell, also Win10 up to date.

I've changed batteries, rebooted the system, etc etc. Downloaded the MSFT Keyboard center, etc. STill no shift+C.

Amazon was useless helping. I'm ready to return it, but maybe someone here has an idea?

Thanks,

EdB

:)

ejbSF, Mar 13, 2021

2. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to use Shift + C key, to type C letter in upper case.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Does this issue occurs on using both the shift keys?
    • Did you check if this issue occurs using and external keyboard? To eliminate hardware issue.
    • Are you aware of any changed on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows + I to launch Windows
      Settings
    2. Click on Updates & Security and select
      Troubleshooter from the left pane
    3. Select Keyboard and click on
      Run the troubleshooter

4. Follow the onscreen instruction and later restart the PC to check

Also, you may try running the keyboard diagnostics tool from Dell website for the model you are using:
    Custom Component Test (go to Custom Component Test and choose
    "Select individual components" and choose Keyboard to run the diagnostics)

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 13, 2021
  3. TechyLo Win User
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. This is windows 10 on Dell 5400 laptop. Using caps lock to type upper case C. would like to use Shift key to type the upper case C

***Original title: Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine.***

TechyLo, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard will not type upper case 'C' with shift keys

Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard will not type upper case 'C' with shift keys - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic

2. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: An earlier closed discussion of this problem reached no solution.Situation: Windows 10 Home Asus Zenbook Flip 15Problem: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case; it produces nothing, not even a space The problem occurs with either SHIFT key All other capital letters print...
  3. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: An earlier closed discussion of this problem reached no solution.Situation: Windows 10 Home Asus Zenbook Flip 15Problem: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case; it produces nothing, not even a space The problem occurs with either SHIFT key All other capital letters print...
  4. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>. This happens with the right shift key. Left shift key works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-c-key-is-not-typing-c-in-upper-case-but-it/b06b8eea-60e4-49b7-b079-5be39503a786
  5. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>: Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>. This happens with the right shift key. Left shift key works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-c-key-is-not-typing-c-in-upper-case-but-it/b06b8eea-60e4-49b7-b079-5be39503a786
  6. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case, but it types C>

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard: Hello All,New to the community so my apologies if this is not the correct category to be asking this.I have the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse. All keys seem to work fine except when I do the combo of Shift+c - no capital c appears. All other letters and symbols appear....
  8. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard: Hello All,New to the community so my apologies if this is not the correct category to be asking this.I have the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse. All keys seem to work fine except when I do the combo of Shift+c - no capital c appears. All other letters and symbols appear....
  9. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

10. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case: Why Shift + C does not work. All other key combinations work just fine. This is windows 10 on Dell 5400 laptop. Using caps lock to type upper case C. would like to use Shift key to type the upper case C ***Original title: Why Shift + C does not work. All other key...