Windows 10: Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently

Discus and support Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Sculpt keyboard and it has started to intermittently fail. I can use it for a few minutes, then it will stop working. The only thing I can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HolmPC, Jul 11, 2019.

1. HolmPC Win User

Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently

I have a Sculpt keyboard and it has started to intermittently fail. I can use it for a few minutes, then it will stop working. The only thing I can do to get it working again is to remove and reinsert the batteries (they are new batteries and i've tried a few sets) and then it works again for a couple of minutes, then fails the same way.

I've tried reinstalling/removing Keyboard Center, and moving the receiver etc etc.

Does anyone know of a fix for this, or do I trash the keyboard and buy something different? It's a shame as it's a great keyboard, the most comfortable i've ever used.

:)

HolmPC, Jul 11, 2019
  2. dwhite75 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop intermittently unresponsive

I am on my 3rd Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop on 2 different computers (ASrock MB custom built).
    All three have become intermittently unresponsive as follows:

• Typing along and it skips strokes leaving missing characters.
    • Hitting the same key several times in a row with no response for several seconds and then typing the same character repeatedly.
    • No response even after several seconds or even a minute. Only fix is to unplug and reinsert the USB receiver. Then it is good to go for a while.

The steps I have taken to resolve are as follows:

• Using Window 10 64 bit with all updates applied.
    • Installed the latest version of the keyboard software from the Microsoft site
    • Located the receiver less than 24" away from the keyboard using a USB extension cable

I love this keyboard and mouse so this problem is very troubling. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it successfully.

Dave

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

dwhite75, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard works intermittently

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would recommend that you review the following answer of Vijay_Verma:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jul 11, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Keyboard Pictured

Microsoft is applying the design principles of its September-launched Sculpt Comfort desktop keyboard on a new product targeting Windows 8 tablet-docked desktops and notebooks, the Sculpt Mobile. Measuring 355 x 167 x 13 mm (WxDxH), and weighing 438 g, the Sculpt Mobile is a compact wireless keyboard that uses Bluetooth to talk to its host device. It features a compact 87-key QWERTY layout in a number of IMEs. Pictured below is the Japanese + English keyset. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, the Sclupt Mobile can work up to 5 months with typical usage before needing a battery replacement. It can maintain a range of 10 meters with its included USB Bluetooth dongle, which can vary, if using the tablet's in-built Bluetooth transceiver. Slated for November 2, the Sculpt Mobile is expected to be priced at 4,935 JPY (US $63).

Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently 102a_thm.jpg

Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently 102b_thm.jpg

Source: Hermitage Akihabara

btarunr, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Sculpt keyboard failing intermittently - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculpt keyboard

2. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard works intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard works intermittently: My keyboard works fine for days then becomes unresponsive. I have to strike a key multiple times to get it to display on the screen. The performance is also slow. I have changed batteries on the keyboard and the mouse, downloaded and reinstalled the drivers. I ordered the...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard works intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard works intermittently: My keyboard works fine for days then becomes unresponsive. I have to strike a key multiple times to get it to display on the screen. The performance is also slow. I have changed batteries on the keyboard and the mouse, downloaded and reinstalled the drivers. I ordered the...
  4. Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently: Hi, I have a Microsoft Comfort 5050 wireless keyboard, which I used with a laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Every once in a while, the keyboard starts dropping characters, i.e., I'll type and only some of the characters will show up on the screen. Unplugging the wireless USB...
  5. Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently: Hi, I have a Microsoft Comfort 5050 wireless keyboard, which I used with a laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Every once in a while, the keyboard starts dropping characters, i.e., I'll type and only some of the characters will show up on the screen. Unplugging the wireless USB...
  6. Microsoft 5050 keyboard fails intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard USB Connection fails

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard USB Connection fails: I plug my sculpt USB dongle in to the USB port on my Windows 10 laptop and the laptop registers the device for about 5 seconds long enough for MS KB and Mouse center to find it and then the connection dies. It's incredibly frustrating. I've tried updating the drivers. I've...
  8. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard - intermittent error

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard - intermittent error: Dear Sir, I using the microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard over ten days and experienced intermittent error e.g. all text were delete themself without any key press. I found a couple times during using the MS-word. Event through the MS-word program was closed and reopen it,...
  9. Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently

Microsoft Sculp keyboard failing intermittently: I have a Sculpt keyboard and it has started to intermittently fail. I can use it for a few minutes, then it will stop working. The only thing I can do to get it working again is to remove and reinsert the batteries (they are new batteries and i've tried a few sets) and then...
  10. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard works intermittently

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard works intermittently: [ATTACH] Dear all, I own this product since March 2018 and never had a problem with it. Yesterday, it stopped working, so I thought I had to replace the batteries. Today I bought new ones and, after a minute of innactivity, the keyboard doesn't respond. I tried to connect...