Windows 10: Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY

Discus and support Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying to find a key combination to be used as fn key instead the horrible fn swtich in Sculpt Keyboard. It is so annoying and super weird... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ezalddenalmaghout, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY

Hi.

I am trying to find a key combination to be used as fn key instead the horrible fn swtich in Sculpt Keyboard. It is so annoying and super weird this design decision from Microsoft team to have such trade off like a fn switch. The keyboard is absolutely brilliant though only if I can find a solution.

1. I tried to find out solution in remapping using Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse software but with no success

2. I tried to randomly use key combinations but nothing happened.

3. I am trying with third party app Autohotkey which is too much for the thing I need.

Thanks!

:)

ezalddenalmaghout, Oct 25, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Keyboard Pictured

Microsoft is applying the design principles of its September-launched Sculpt Comfort desktop keyboard on a new product targeting Windows 8 tablet-docked desktops and notebooks, the Sculpt Mobile. Measuring 355 x 167 x 13 mm (WxDxH), and weighing 438 g, the Sculpt Mobile is a compact wireless keyboard that uses Bluetooth to talk to its host device. It features a compact 87-key QWERTY layout in a number of IMEs. Pictured below is the Japanese + English keyset. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, the Sclupt Mobile can work up to 5 months with typical usage before needing a battery replacement. It can maintain a range of 10 meters with its included USB Bluetooth dongle, which can vary, if using the tablet's in-built Bluetooth transceiver. Slated for November 2, the Sculpt Mobile is expected to be priced at 4,935 JPY (US $63).

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY 102a_thm.jpg

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY 102b_thm.jpg

Source: Hermitage Akihabara

btarunr, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard

Hi Davide,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to not being able to use Function keys properly on the keyboard. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Have you tried using the keyboard on any other PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try using the on-screen keyboard on Windows 10 and see if the Fn key works. Refer the article

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

You may also want to check if the F Lock key is toggled on the keyboard. If it is On then try switching it Off and see if the Fn key works.

In addition, you can refer the section Special keys on the keyboard aren't functioning
    from the article
    Troubleshoot problems with your Microsoft mouse or keyboard

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 25, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY

How to switch the FN key function on a laptop that dosent support it?

I think you need to map them the other way around as well so you map both F1 to "Play" (or whatever) and Fn+F1 to F1.

Like this
    Code:
    AutoHotKey script that remaps the F1-F12 function keys on the Microsoft Sculpt Mobile keyboard to be pressed without having to use the Fn key. Disables some of the Windows 8 shortcuts, but leaves media keys intact. . GitHub

Thema:

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY

1. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard FN KEY - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard

2. keyboard microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard key combinations not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard key combinations not working: the keyboard is connected via a usb adapter, the main problem is that some keyboard shortcuts work and some don't, for example ctrl+w+a+space works correctly, and ctrl+w+d+space the D key is no longer pressed if you release the ctrl key D will already be pressed, but when you...
  3. keyboard microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard key combinations not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard key combinations not working: the keyboard is connected via a usb adapter, the main problem is that some keyboard shortcuts work and some don't, for example ctrl+w+a+space works correctly, and ctrl+w+d+space the D key is no longer pressed if you release the ctrl key D will already be pressed, but when you...
  4. Microsoft sculpt keyboard - repeated strokes for certain keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft sculpt keyboard - repeated strokes for certain keys: Hi.. I am experiencing repeated keystrokes for delete, enter and some times . keys. Can you help with this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-keyboard-repeated-strokes-for/5ca387ce-0b7c-427f-9b62-7a6afc32d3f8
  5. Windows keyboard fn key and fn key Windows key <<<Windows ۱۰

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard fn key and fn key Windows key <<<Windows ۱۰: Hello friends Windows keyboard fn key and fn key Windows key Windows ۱۰ pro ۶۴ bit Please advise thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keyboard-fn-key-and-fn-key-windows-key/8925879c-372c-4557-a5bf-471951d0fc31
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Need to clean under the keys

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Need to clean under the keys: I need to clean under the keys of my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard. I have to press the Space bar **EXTRA* firmly just to get it to work, the arrow keys, same thing, and the odd letter doesn't show up. I have already done the invert-and-tap, also the have done...
  7. Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard

Fn key not working on Microsoft Ergonimic 4000 keyboard: Hi, I just got the keyborad Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 at work. After installing the last microsoft keyboard and mouse software, and play a little bit with it i got this problem: - all work correctly but the FN key doesn´t. When I use it to get the F1-F12 functions, it...
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard FN key

Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard FN key: Hello, I bought this new keyboard, that MS released recently in October. I like it, but which I was afraid of, happens. Combination Ctrl + FN + Win key + Fkeys do not work. For example Ctrl + Win + F4 should close virtual desktop, but on this keyboard Fkeys are...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly: I recently purchase a Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard but encounter the following problems: When quickly typing, extra "Shift up key" event raised, for example (on french disposition) the following letters typed quickly when holding shift key will have the second one in small cap:...
  10. Sculpt keyboard function keys

Sculpt keyboard function keys: Just got a sculpt keyboard and trying to get use to it, the first thing I wanted to do was mute the sound (blue function on F10) and I couldn't figure out what combination of keys got to that function. Couldn't find anything on the web that addressed this. Is there another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard fn switch

2. microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard fn key