Windows 10: Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard issues

Discus and support Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Range on the Sculpt seems limited. When the keyboard is about 2 feet away from the dongle, it works as expected. Any more than this, and it experiences... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattAli1, Jul 19, 2021.

1. MattAli1 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard issues

Range on the Sculpt seems limited. When the keyboard is about 2 feet away from the dongle, it works as expected. Any more than this, and it experiences intermittent issues.Input lagtyping 1 key excessivelyskipping key strokes outright2 different workstations, multiple different sculpt keyboard over the last several years. An example of why the distance may be slightly over 2 feet- leaning back in computer chair and taking keyboard off of work surface. Current Windows version 20H2 Build 19042.1083, but this issue happened initially on a Win8, 8.1, and now 10. It looks like the 10-key has the sa

:)

MattAli1, Jul 19, 2021

2. microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard on your PC as it stops working. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. Does the issue occurs while using a specific application or all the applications?
    4. Is the trans-receiver for the keyboard connected properly to the PC?

Meanwhile, you can try re-installing the drivers and Microsoft Mouse and keyboard center for the keyboard and check if that helps. You can download the drivers from the

Microsoft website

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you better.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

Hello Kit,

An outdated or incompatible driver can be one of the possible factors why this issue occurs. That being said, I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + S on your keyboard.
    2. Type Troubleshoot and hit
      Enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen prompt.

Also suggest you to go the link below and download the latest drivers for the keyboard and see if it helps to resolve the issue:

Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as
    soon as I can.

Michelle Vil, Jul 19, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Keyboard Pictured

Microsoft is applying the design principles of its September-launched Sculpt Comfort desktop keyboard on a new product targeting Windows 8 tablet-docked desktops and notebooks, the Sculpt Mobile. Measuring 355 x 167 x 13 mm (WxDxH), and weighing 438 g, the Sculpt Mobile is a compact wireless keyboard that uses Bluetooth to talk to its host device. It features a compact 87-key QWERTY layout in a number of IMEs. Pictured below is the Japanese + English keyset. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, the Sclupt Mobile can work up to 5 months with typical usage before needing a battery replacement. It can maintain a range of 10 meters with its included USB Bluetooth dongle, which can vary, if using the tablet's in-built Bluetooth transceiver. Slated for November 2, the Sculpt Mobile is expected to be priced at 4,935 JPY (US $63).

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard issues 102a_thm.jpg

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard issues 102b_thm.jpg

Source: Hermitage Akihabara

btarunr, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard

2. Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard: I replaced the batteries on my Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard and then started to type. The keyboard worked for about 5 minutes and then stopped. My mouse still works and so does my number pad. If I take the batteries out again new batteries and put them back in it only...
  3. Sculpt Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt Keyboard Issue: I cannot prompt the question mark and other keys with the Sculpt keyboard. Shift, CTRL nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-issue/10f83877-862d-4f9a-aa19-820edccad0e9
  4. Sculpt Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt Keyboard Issue: I cannot prompt the question mark and other keys with the Sculpt keyboard. Shift, CTRL nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sculpt-keyboard-issue/10f83877-862d-4f9a-aa19-820edccad0e9
  5. issue connecting microsoft sculpt keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    issue connecting microsoft sculpt keyboard: I am having issue connecting my mIcrosoft keyboard as it is requesting a password now which wasn't the case a week ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-connecting-microsoft-sculpt-keyboard/cd01f958-f7f6-4a53-b8e1-c204e2413eed
  6. Microsoft Sculpt keyboard not working

Microsoft Sculpt keyboard not working: I just bought a new Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and mouse. The mouse and number pad are working fine but the keyboard isn't. I check the drivers and it says the device is working but i'm not getting any response from it. I checked the batteries, they are fine and a...
  7. Sculpt ergonomic keyboard issues

Sculpt ergonomic keyboard issues: Hi all, the first keystrike on my sculpt keyboard model 1559 does not register. Batteries are fresh, everything else works fine after the initial keystrike, and it works fine when you are typing continuously, but pause for a few moments and there it is again or isn't in this...
  8. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard: I have a problem with the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard - it was working all fine for the past few months and now more recently evry time I stop using the keyboard for a few minutes it goes off to sleep and refuses to work until i remove the battery and put it back...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard & Mouse issue

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard & Mouse issue: Hello, I have got a strange problem since update Windows 10. my windows version is Windows 10 pro 64-bit 10.0 build 18362 suddenly, the mouse stopped clicking on desktop icons or sometimes, while is stopped clicking start menu icons, it clicked desktop icons. Even...
  10. Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues

Microsoft sculpt ergonomic Keyboard - USB issues: Good morning, I have just updated win 10 and the USB receiver for the keyboard is no more recognised. The error message in Device manager: "Unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed)" I've tried: - repluggling the USB - Changing USB port - uninstalling...