Windows 10: Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly

Discus and support Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchase a Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard but encounter the following problems: When quickly typing, extra "Shift up key" event raised, for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VincentLe Ligeour, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly

I recently purchase a Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard but encounter the following problems:

When quickly typing, extra "Shift up key" event raised, for example (on french disposition) the following letters typed quickly when holding shift key will have the second one in small cap:

- "Wq", "Xs", "Cd", "Vf", "?j", ".k", "/l"

- "Xz", "Ce", "Vr", "?u", ".i", "/o"

Another similar issue when typing "gre" but not releasing g or r fast enough an extra "g" or "r" can be generated (without any release and before key-repeat).

What is the correct way to fix this issue or to obtain a working keyboard ?

Vincent

PS: other keyboard are working fine, same keyboard has the same defect on several systems.

PS: Windows drivers are up to date

PS: Issue since to be old : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/f72f1767-c06f-4c2c-8cf2-e70211f6f858?page=1

:)

VincentLe Ligeour, Sep 4, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Keyboard Pictured

Microsoft is applying the design principles of its September-launched Sculpt Comfort desktop keyboard on a new product targeting Windows 8 tablet-docked desktops and notebooks, the Sculpt Mobile. Measuring 355 x 167 x 13 mm (WxDxH), and weighing 438 g, the Sculpt Mobile is a compact wireless keyboard that uses Bluetooth to talk to its host device. It features a compact 87-key QWERTY layout in a number of IMEs. Pictured below is the Japanese + English keyset. Powered by two AAA-size batteries, the Sclupt Mobile can work up to 5 months with typical usage before needing a battery replacement. It can maintain a range of 10 meters with its included USB Bluetooth dongle, which can vary, if using the tablet's in-built Bluetooth transceiver. Slated for November 2, the Sculpt Mobile is expected to be priced at 4,935 JPY (US $63).

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly 102a_thm.jpg

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly 102b_thm.jpg

Source: Hermitage Akihabara

btarunr, Sep 4, 2019
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly

microsoft sculpt ergonomic keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard on your PC as it stops working. For more clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. Does the issue occurs while using a specific application or all the applications?
    4. Is the trans-receiver for the keyboard connected properly to the PC?

Meanwhile, you can try re-installing the drivers and Microsoft Mouse and keyboard center for the keyboard and check if that helps. You can download the drivers from the

Microsoft website

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you better.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly

1. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard - Shift key not working properly - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard

2. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Not Working Properly: Hello,I left my Microsoft Sculpt keyboard at the office overnight but took the USB dongle, mouse and number pad home with me. After retrieving the keyboard it acts strangely. First, it won't stay turned on. It will turn on for maybe 5 minutes before it becomes unresponsive....
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Not Working Properly: Hello,I left my Microsoft Sculpt keyboard at the office overnight but took the USB dongle, mouse and number pad home with me. After retrieving the keyboard it acts strangely. First, it won't stay turned on. It will turn on for maybe 5 minutes before it becomes unresponsive....
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard: Hello All,New to the community so my apologies if this is not the correct category to be asking this.I have the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse. All keys seem to work fine except when I do the combo of Shift+c - no capital c appears. All other letters and symbols appear....
  6. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard: Hello All,New to the community so my apologies if this is not the correct category to be asking this.I have the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard and Mouse. All keys seem to work fine except when I do the combo of Shift+c - no capital c appears. All other letters and symbols appear....
  7. Shift key and "c" not working on Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

8. sculpt ergonomic keyboard - shift keys stopped working

sculpt ergonomic keyboard - shift keys stopped working: Hello,The shift keys on my Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboards stopped working suddenly. There's nothing stuck in my keyboard, my computers are updated, and I've tried it on my work computer desktop and also connecting it to my laptop, and the issue happens with both. The left shift...
  9. Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard Shift + > and WIN + L not working.

Microsoft ergonomic sculpt keyboard Shift + > and WIN + L not working.: Hi, i've had this keyboard for a number of years now however today its suddenly started having issues. If I hold shift either left or right and press the ".>" key it refuses to type the > symbol. I've got the same issue when doing Win key + L. If I quickly keep tapping...
  10. Keys not working properly - Sculpt Confort

Keys not working properly - Sculpt Confort: Hi! About 8 months ago, i bought a Sculpt kit (mouse, keyboard and numeric keyboard). A couple of weeks ago, the "D" key started to fail. O noted that the moviment/strenght of the key is diferent from other keys. Now, every time that i need to use de D key, i must to press...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have ergonomic keyboard. when i prees s on display xs

2. asus shift key not working

3. sculpt ergonomic keyboard caps lock wont display on screen