Windows 10: Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working after battery replacement

Discus and support Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working after battery replacement in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey folks, hoping someone can help. I have had my sculpt keyboard and mouse combo for five years and today noticed the little red light flashing on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAngland1, Aug 4, 2020.

1. SAngland1 Win User

Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working after battery replacement

Hey folks, hoping someone can help. I have had my sculpt keyboard and mouse combo for five years and today noticed the little red light flashing on the keyboard, indicating low batteries.

I replaced the batteries – and everything quit working on the keyboard. The mouse and number pad continue to work fine. I have tried uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling, with and without full shutdown and restart.

I am using Windows 10 and I am currently thoroughly bewildered! Has anyone else had this problem? This is my second sculpt keyboard and mouse, and I am loath to buy another.

:)

SAngland1, Aug 4, 2020
  2. jadenmcc Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard - L5V-00001 - Connects only after replace batteries & only lasts 1 minute

Computer:

Surface Pro 3

Windows 10 Version: 1903

Build: 10.0.18362

Hardware:

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard

Model L5V-00001

Purchased from United States Best Buy 8/2019

Hello,

I've had the product for 5 months and it's worked properly until now.

My mouse and keypad (number pad) still work fine. I'm only experiencing issues with the keyboard.

Issue: My keystrokes aren't being transmitted to the computer. (I type and nothing shows up on the computer.) I've only been able to restore a connection by removing the keyboard batteries for 10 seconds and then replacing them, but the
    connection between the keyboard and my computer only lasts for about a minute before my keystrokes stop being recognized once more.

Tried and failed troubleshooting steps:

• Disconnecting and reconnecting the dongle
    • Changing the dongle to a different USB port (there's only one on my surface pro 3)
    • Changing the batteries
    • Checking for software/firmware updates
    • Restarting the device and/or my computer
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the device(s) from my computer
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers
    • Calling Microsoft Hardware support (I hung up after 2.75 hours of hold time with no indication of an end in sight)
    • Live chat (they referred me to the device support line)
    I've already checked these out, so please don't send them to me because they didn't work:

My hunch: There's something broken with the actual hardware (the keyboard itself is somehow busted)

What would be helpful to me:

• New ideas for troubleshooting
    • Advice on my next steps for getting the device checked out, repaired, or replaced

Looking forward to hopefully finding some answers.

jadenmcc, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not responding after replacing batteries

I've had a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard for probably 3 years or so now. I replaced the batteries in it this morning (the little red blinking light had come on Friday morning, so I decided to go ahead and replace the batteries after the weekend.),
    and the number pad still works, however now to keyboard does not. I tested the new batteries in another device and they worked fine, it's just the main keyboard part that doesn't seem to connect or do anything. I've tried putting the usb into different ports,
    download drivers, and I'm still not getting the main keyboard to connect.

Has anyone ran into this problem before or know how to fix it? I'm not seeing any sort of reset buttons, so I'm not sure how to make it reconnect.

HollyJacobson, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working after battery replacement

My Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard stopped working after battery leakage

Hello Support,

I am using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard since three years. Recently it
    stopped working when I checked the battery I saw that it's leaked.

so I cleaned it up and then put new DURACELL AAA batteries but still there is no response from the keyboard when keys pressed.

please tell me what to do. also please
    suggest Microsoft Authorized Service Centers in Hyderabad, Telangana
    India.

Thanks,

Sudhir

Sudhir Boddu, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working after battery replacement

1. Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working after battery replacement - Similar Threads - Microsoft sculpt keyboard

2. Is Microsoft replacing the Sculpt keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft replacing the Sculpt keyboard?: I've used the Sculpt keyboard for ten years and it's hands down the best keyboard I've ever used. I hear its been discontinued and it's horrible news - I'm working on my keyboard for 5-6 hours a day. I need a replacement. Why is it being discontinued? Is there a similar...
  3. Is Microsoft replacing the Sculpt keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft replacing the Sculpt keyboard?: I've used the Sculpt keyboard for ten years and it's hands down the best keyboard I've ever used. I hear its been discontinued and it's horrible news - I'm working on my keyboard for 5-6 hours a day. I need a replacement. Why is it being discontinued? Is there a similar...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Randomly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Randomly Stopped Working: I have had the same Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard for the last 5 months, and it has worked great! I have a Macbook Pro and connect the keyboard with the USB dongle. Unfortunately this week in the middle of typing something out, the keyboard completely stopped working. I have...
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Randomly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Randomly Stopped Working: I have had the same Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard for the last 5 months, and it has worked great! I have a Macbook Pro and connect the keyboard with the USB dongle. Unfortunately this week in the middle of typing something out, the keyboard completely stopped working. I have...
  6. Sculpt Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt Keyboard stopped working: 2 months ago I bought a MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard to use with my Surface Pro 5. It worked fine until today when the keyboard stopped working although the separate numeric keypad continues to work fine. I changed the batters, the USB port, updated drivers, reinstalled...
  7. Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped reconnecting after battery replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped reconnecting after battery replacement: With this problem I did follow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-keyboard-stopped-working-after/b123d31e-c256-46e5-a244-8535446a62b9?page=2 but only the final post, a question unanswered, is similar to my problem... After removing the...
  8. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Stopped Working

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard Stopped Working: My Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard has stopped working on my Lenovo T440p. The mouse and number pad still work fine. I cleaned the battery contact points, put in new batteries, rebooted, updated Windows, rebooted, tried a different USB port. Still nothing. There's no...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard - L5V-00001 - Connects only after replace batteries &...

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard - L5V-00001 - Connects only after replace batteries &...: Computer: Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 Version: 1903 Build: 10.0.18362 Hardware: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model L5V-00001 Purchased from United States Best Buy 8/2019 Hello, I've had the product for 5 months and it's worked properly until now. My mouse...
  10. My Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard stopped working after battery leakage

My Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard stopped working after battery leakage: Hello Support, I am using Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard since three years. Recently it stopped working when I checked the battery I saw that it's leaked. so I cleaned it up and then put new DURACELL AAA batteries but still there is no response from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms sculpt keyboard stopped working