Windows 10: Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using the Sculpt keyboard and mouse combo for a while. Last night when I left the office, I removed the USB receiver from my laptop as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KatharinePan, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working

I have been using the Sculpt keyboard and mouse combo for a while. Last night when I left the office, I removed the USB receiver from my laptop as usual and left it with the mouse. This morning, when I went to plug it back in, the keyboard was working but the mouse was no longer able to move the cursor. I've replaced the batteries twice just in case, each time the blue light at the bottom would come on and the mouse itself would look as though it was working, but the cursor on the screen wouldn't move (I can use the laptop's trackpad just fine. In the device manager, the computer recognizes an HID-compliant mouse and says "This device is working properly." I plugged the receiver into other microsoft computers in the office and have the same issue. Again, the wireless keyboard using the same receiver is still working fine. What can I do?

:)

KatharinePan, Jan 8, 2019
  2. yahanna Win User

MS Sculpt Mouse Suddenly Stopped Working.. Help!

I got a Microsoft Sculpt Mouse that has been working for a while. But now the scroll wheel doesnt work. It was working perfectly yesterday. I suspect it to be software related. I tried uninstalling the driver. But that doesnt work. What do you suggest?

yahanna, Jan 8, 2019
  3. ATats70 Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse stopped working

So my Sculpt Ergonomic mouse stopped working.

It seems to be some sort of error with the wireless dongle hardware.

I have tried all the various steps listed here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/811798.

When I check the USB receiver's status in the Device Manager it gives me the following error:

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Then inside the Properties I get:

Windows has stopped this device as it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I uninstalled and re-installed the device as recommended here CM_PROB_FAILED_POST_START - Windows drivers

No change.

I should note that this mouse is actually a replacement for the first one I had. The first mouse I had stopped working in exactly the same way and I got a replacement from Microsoft through the re-seller.

I fear I might have to go through the arduous process of replacement AGAIN.

DanielHollick, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working

1. Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Sculpt wireless

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard stopped working: Have had this keyboard for under 3 months. Tried replacing the batteries. The green light in the center of the split space bar came on briefly. Tried switching the placement of the dongle to the other port. Have no idea why it suddenly stopped working. Any advice? Thanks in...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard stopped working: Have had this keyboard for under 3 months. Tried replacing the batteries. The green light in the center of the split space bar came on briefly. Tried switching the placement of the dongle to the other port. Have no idea why it suddenly stopped working. Any advice? Thanks in...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 stops working: I have a mouse and keyboard combo. The keyboard works fine. The mouse on the other hand has a mind of it's own. It starts and stops working on it's own. I've changed batteries, updated the driver, I use a plain pure black mousepad, I've even updated the bluetooth driver, but...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Stopped Working

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Stopped Working: This mouse has stopped working but others work fine when connected. Does this model have a shelf life? I have used it since 2015. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-ergonomic-mouse-stopped-working/3d754eea-089b-4a01-b3e4-ac0cc0f165b4
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard and mouse Combo Mouse stopped working

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard and mouse Combo Mouse stopped working: Hello, I have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Combo that works with a wireless dongle. Suddenly, my mouse stopped working or responding in any way. I tried it on different laptops with no use, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, installed new batteries but still only the...
  8. MIcrosoft Sculpt Keyboard suddenly stopped working

MIcrosoft Sculpt Keyboard suddenly stopped working: Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working. I have 2 and they both stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-keyboard-suddenly-stopped-working/ee5ec996-0e6b-4077-9581-dbbb8176b2f7
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse suddenly stopped scrolling

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse suddenly stopped scrolling: My Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse suddenly stopped scrolling. It's been working fine for months, but in the middle of using it stopped scrolling. I have already tried the following: - Device Manager says "This device is working properly." - I clicked Update Driver Software...
  10. MS Sculpt Mouse Suddenly Stopped Working.. Help!

MS Sculpt Mouse Suddenly Stopped Working.. Help!: I got a Microsoft Sculpt Mouse that has been working for a while. But now the scroll wheel doesnt work. It was working perfectly yesterday. I suspect it to be software related. I tried uninstalling the driver. But that doesnt work. What do you suggest? 88933

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sclpt capture mouse stopped working

2. microsoft sculpt mouse stops working

3. microsoft sculpt comfort mouse no longer works

4. microsoft sculpt bluetooth mouse not working,
  5. microsoft sculpt comfort mouse not working,
  6. microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard and mouse stopped working,
  7. microsoft sculpt stopped working,
  8. microsoft sculpt mouse stopped working,
  9. trouble shooting scuplt ergonoomic mouse works with one computer but not the other,
  10. ms sculpt mouse stopped working,
  11. microsoft sculpt mouse not working,
  12. combine sculpt mouse keeps stopping,
  13. microsoft 1387 mouse stopping working,
  14. microsoft sculpt comfort mouse paired but not working,
  15. microsoft mouse stopped working wireless