Windows 10: Microsoft search

Discus and support Microsoft search in Cortana to solve the problem; A couple months ago I got a new laptop, an ASUS TUF gaming FX705DT laptop with windows 10. I am currently running windows 10 version 1909, and the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Scottleos, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Scottleos Win User

Microsoft search

A couple months ago I got a new laptop, an ASUS TUF gaming FX705DT laptop with windows 10. I am currently running windows 10 version 1909, and the laptop has been running wonderful except for yesterday. Yesterday I noticed that a lot of my memory was getting used by Cortana so someone told me to use these commands in order:

1. takeown /f "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /a /r /d y
    2. icacls "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /inheritance:r /grant:r Administrators:OICIF /t /c
    3. taskkill /im SearchUI.exe /f
    4. rd "%WinDir%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy" /s /q

So I did and ever since my computer has been running slow. First if I were to press the windows key, it takes a couple of seconds to bring up the start menu. Second the Search bar on the taskbar will not even Show up if I click on it. However, it does open because if I check the details menu in the start menu it shows this:

Microsoft search [​IMG]

So I know that it is trying to start but it cant. To fix this I tried to end the task to restart it but when I do it brings up a prompt saying "access denied" even though I am using the Administrator profile. I used the troubleshooter and that did not find a problem so next I downloaded a script from Microsoft support to reset Windows search and it completed successfully however this did not work. My last resort would be to wipe the computer so If anyone could please help me fix this issue that would be a great help.

:)

Scottleos, Oct 17, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 17, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. malware Win User

Microsoft search

Microsoft Outlines New Search Business Model: Live Search Cashback

Microsoft Corp. today announced it will offer ad-funded cash rebates to customers who find and purchase their favorite products through a new program called Microsoft Live Search cashback. Key partners including eBay, Barnes & Noble.com, Overstock.com, Sears, Zappos.com, and WPP joined Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates at advance08, Microsoft’s annual advertising customer event, to announce their participation in the new program.

The complete Live Search cashback product portfolio includes more than 10 million product offers from more than 700 merchants, including more than 13 of the top 40 U.S. retailers. The company also announced it has delivered a new Live Search travel destination, Live Search Farecast, making it easy for searchers to find the best travel deals on the Web.

“We believe search can offer much more value to consumers and advertisers than it does today, and we see Live Search cashback as an important opportunity to deliver additional value,” Gates said. “Our goal is to make Live Search the most rewarding commercial search destination on the Web. Live Search cashback will help advertisers drive more online sales while giving consumers a new way to stretch their dollars.”

During his keynote address, Gates outlined three areas of focus for the company’s broad search vision:
    • Delivering the best search results by continuing to focus on relevancy and selection
    • Expanding the role of search around the set of tasks that searchers are most often working to accomplish — including commerce, entertainment, navigation and reference — through improvements in its user experience, intelligent tools and access across devices
    • Innovating in the economic model that today powers the search business by rewarding both advertisers and consumers for engagement
    Today’s announcements of Live Search cashback and Live Search Farecast signify that commerce queries will be the first of the four tasks on which the company will focus. As part of this “Commercial Search” strategy, Microsoft aims to make Live Search the premier search engine for the growing category of search queries that help consumers conduct research and purchase goods or services, and which are critical to merchants aiming to drive online sales of their products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft search

1. Microsoft search - Similar Threads - Microsoft search

2. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  3. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  4. How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?: My search bar for Microsoft edge was working fine until today. Everytime I search up something a 403 error message appears or a site called CrowdSearch appears. How can I quickly solve this? I can’t search anything without these two appearing?...
  5. How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?

How to fix Error 403 message or ‘Crowdsearch’ in Microsoft Edge search bar?: My search bar for Microsoft edge was working fine until today. Everytime I search up something a 403 error message appears or a site called CrowdSearch appears. How can I quickly solve this? I can’t search anything without these two appearing?...
  6. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...
  7. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...
  8. Microsoft Store search page does not work FIX

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store search page does not work FIX: When I search for something in the Microsoft Store, the search page is not displayed. Instead, the page loads indefinitely. Only the limited result display as a dropdown is shown. Everything else works without problems.Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046Microsoft...
  9. How to fix when Settings, Menu, Microsoft store button and search bar wont open after I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix when Settings, Menu, Microsoft store button and search bar wont open after I...: Hi,I had recently bought new laptop for my studies and when I had restarted my laptop setting wont pop even my menu and search button won't work if I click into it. I had tried resetting windows explorer and still won't. I also pressing Windows key + R then typing at the...
  10. How to fix when Settings, Menu, Microsoft store button and search bar wont open after I...

How to fix when Settings, Menu, Microsoft store button and search bar wont open after I...: Hi,I had recently bought new laptop for my studies and when I had restarted my laptop setting wont pop even my menu and search button won't work if I click into it. I had tried resetting windows explorer and still won't. I also pressing Windows key + R then typing at the...