Windows 10: Microsoft Security Auditing Issue

Discus and support Microsoft Security Auditing Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope someone can help me fix this issue i'm having. I ended up discovering that under my event viewer under the security tab, my computer has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by khanholio, Jan 17, 2019.

1. khanholio Win User

Microsoft Security Auditing Issue

I hope someone can help me fix this issue i'm having. I ended up discovering that under my event viewer under the security tab, my computer has been logging tons of "audit success", source being "Microsoft Windows Security Auditing". It can generate easily 5 per minute and even more if i play a game. When it does this my computer and mouse lags for a few minutes. Also maybe related, I've noticed my usb mouse and keyboard would randomly stop working every so often to where i will have to restart my pc. I've tried plugging them into other usb ports but to no avail. I've updated all drivers, flashed to the newest bios driver, even had to reinstall my Operating System (windows 10), but its still happening. Is this a sign my mobo is kicking the bucket otherwise i have no idea why all this is happening. Thanks for any input anyone can provide. Its been going on for about 2 weeks now. Scott

:)

khanholio, Jan 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 Profssional 10 1809 osBuild 17763-134 Window Security Auditing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the model number of the device?
    2. Is your computer connected to Domain Network?

Security auditing is one of the most powerful tools that you can use to maintain the integrity of your system. As part of your overall security strategy, you should determine
    the level of auditing that is appropriate for your environment. Auditing should identify attacks (successful or not) that pose a threat to your network, and attacks against resources that you have determined to be valuable in your risk assessment.

You may refer the article Security Auditing
    and Basic security audit policy settings for
    more information.

If the computer is not on a Domain network, proceed with the below suggested steps

Start your PC in safe mode. Refer the article on how to start your
    PC in Safe mode in Windows 10
    . If the issue is fixed in Safe mode, try to check in
    clean boot.

Note: A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

You may refer the article on how
    to perform a clean boot in Windows

Refer the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot, if your device is working fine in clean boot.

Also refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

If the computer is on a Domain network, you can contact your IT administrator or you can post your query in

TechNet Forums

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 17, 2019
  3. VL_99 Win User
    EVENT ID 5061 Microsoft Windows Security auditing

Can anyone help for this Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing? There are 4 audit failure when I restart the computer.

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

[ Guid] {54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}

EventID 5061

Version 0

Level 0

Task 12290

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8010000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2016-08-10T13:27:32.556434800Z

EventRecordID 6094

- Correlation

[ ActivityID] {E7E22208-F30A-0001-2122-E2E70AF3D101}

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 764

[ ThreadID] 816

Channel Security

Computer Vincent

Security

- EventData

SubjectUserSid S-1-5-20

SubjectUserName VINCENT$

SubjectDomainName WORKGROUP

SubjectLogonId 0x3e4

ProviderName Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider

AlgorithmName UNKNOWN

KeyName {CF9D92FF-D5C8-4E33-8DE8-8F6E2F950215}

KeyType %%2499

Operation %%2480

ReturnCode 0x80090016

VL_99, Jan 17, 2019
  4. balittle Win User

event 5061, microsoft windows security auditing failure

event 5061, microsoft windows security auditing failure

Have no idea how to fix, but its provided by Microsoft and an unknown alogorithm name?

balittle, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Security Auditing Issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Auditing

2. 1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing: New Windows 11 install, yet getting the following error and lockdown of laptop freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1108-error-microsoft-windows-security-auditing/2a63969e-6326-4dce-bb69-ca6a0776e37d
  3. 1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1108 error Microsoft Windows Security Auditing: New Windows 11 install, yet getting the following error and lockdown of laptop freezing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1108-error-microsoft-windows-security-auditing/2a63969e-6326-4dce-bb69-ca6a0776e37d
  4. Microsoft Windows security auditing continuously crashes game.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Windows security auditing continuously crashes game.: Hey all, I have an issue where my games keep crashing. I look in the event viewer and the only events that correspond at all and always are Microsoft Windows security auditing events. The event ID's are 4672 and 4624. I should also mention that while my game crashes always...
  5. Microsoft Windows Securtiy Auditing Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Windows Securtiy Auditing Issue: I have a Dell inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop that is just over a year old. Recently I started noticing my audio skipping approx. every 10-15 mins. Doesn't matter if I am watching YouTube or music on my HD. They are short bursts of maybe a 1/2 second stutter. I do a lot of...
  6. Event properties event 4672 microsoft windows security auditing

Event properties event 4672 microsoft windows security auditing: yesterday it looks as if an event occurred, It was for Special privileges assigned to new logon. Subject: Security ID system account name: system account domain: NT Authority logon ID: 0x3E7 Privileges:...
  7. Microsoft Windows security auditing.

Microsoft Windows security auditing.: So recently I have been getting weird background noises/notifications and I found out that they have been coming from the event viewer. I checked the security logs and many of the logs say someone has logged in or created special privellages to a new logon. I was wondering...
  8. Security Log Audit Failures 5127

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Log Audit Failures 5127: Access Denied or to whom ever can shed some light on this issue, Here we go, a little more information on what is going on with this one machine on my home network. I have restarted all the services. In a previous post I uninstalled all the Google sync stuff which fixed the...
  9. Security auditing - how to disable?

Security auditing - how to disable?: I noticed after checking my event viewer for something that under Windows>security, there are tons and tons of "audit success" entries. Is this necessary for the PC to run security auditing constantly like this and log it? It seems unnecessary. Can I disable it? 76900
  10. Too Many 'Audit Success' Security-Auditing Events Happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too Many 'Audit Success' Security-Auditing Events Happening: Hi! I've been using Windows 10 for a while now and except for one time where my start button and notification tray stopped working (solved that by migrating to a new user account), I haven't had any problems. Except maybe a week ago. Consistently during use (either for...