Windows 10: Microsoft Security call

Discus and support Microsoft Security call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just received a recorded call asking me to call: 866-274-6134. It was hard to understand the automated message, but it had something to do with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChristinePiccitto, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Microsoft Security call

Hi,

I just received a recorded call asking me to call: 866-274-6134. It was hard to understand the automated message, but it had something to do with my computer and Microsoft security.

Is this an actual number or a scammer?

:)

ChristinePiccitto, Oct 11, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Oct 13, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 13, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Microsoft Security call

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Security call

1. Microsoft Security call - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security call

2. being locked and to call the Microsoft security center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    being locked and to call the Microsoft security center.: Who do I call when I receive a message on my computer about my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/being-locked-and-to-call-the-microsoft-security/72b575ec-b7a4-4cb6-948e-dd28531c3a16
  3. being locked and to call the Microsoft security center.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    being locked and to call the Microsoft security center.: Who do I call when I receive a message on my computer about my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/being-locked-and-to-call-the-microsoft-security/72b575ec-b7a4-4cb6-948e-dd28531c3a16
  4. being locked and to call the Microsoft security center.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security

Possible Scam for something called Microsoft Defender Pro Security: Since a similar scam was going on in 2020 I thought I would post about an ongoing one I received today. The email was formatted as an invoice for "Microsoft Defender Pro Security" for $488.97 which made me suspicious along with the software title. The payment method specified...
  6. Microsoft robo call

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft robo call: Just checking! Scam in action? Call said to poke (1) to talk to a Microsoft technician to change my ip address which is compromised in several countries. I hung up. Right???? 152476
  7. Microsoft calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft calls: I KEEP GETTING CALLS FROM SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE MICROSOFT. THEY DIRECT ME TO PRESS 1 BUT I HANG UP. THE WEIRD THING IS MY OWN NUMBER IS SHOWING UP ON MY PHONE. wHAT CAN ID DO TO STOP THESE CALLS?...
  8. Microsoft calls at home

Microsoft calls at home: Someone is using my own phone number mind you, to call our home and they said, "This is Microsoft, your IP number has been compromised you need to speak to someone to change it." Then it disconnects...I got two calls today from my own phone number....I do not know how they...
  9. Call from Windows Security Headquarters

Call from Windows Security Headquarters: I just received a phone call from 803-302-8669 which was indicated as coming from Washington DC. I do not know the name of the individual I talked to first, but I insisted on speaking to a supervisor who told me his name was Officer John Williams. The main topic of the...
  10. Security phone call from Microsoft

Security phone call from Microsoft: I received a call from supposedly Microsoft saying that someone tried to remotely make changes to Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer. I hung up and didn't respond to the call at all. I'm almost certain it was a scam because I have Windows Defender, not Security...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft security call