Windows 10: microsoft security client cannot be found

Discus and support microsoft security client cannot be found in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks, Errors in event viewer today. Multiple error codes (2002, 2003, 3002, etc) that say the Microsoft Security Client cannot be found. Looking... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rebop, Feb 9, 2020.

1. rebop Win User

microsoft security client cannot be found

Hi folks,

Errors in event viewer today. Multiple error codes (2002, 2003, 3002, etc) that say the Microsoft Security Client cannot be found. Looking back, this started mid January and repeats roughly every two weeks. After they happens there is a .net Runtime error and an application error in wmiprvse.exe.

I use Eset NOD 32 if that matters.

Any insight into these errors and what to do if anything?

Thanks!

~Bob

Win 10 latest updated version. 1909 18363.592

:)

rebop, Feb 9, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 9, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 9, 2020
  4. microsoft security client cannot be found

Microsoft Security client error

Hi Matthew,

I realize that you get Microsoft security client error 0x8e5e02442 on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Do you have any 3rd party security software installed on the PC?

• Have you performed a full PC virus scan on the computer recently?

You may boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if the issue persists. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Suggest you to run a full computer virus scan to ensure the computer is free from virus. It is not advisable to access the registry before the virus scan is done. Ensure to install any pending updates on the computer and remember to restart the
    system.

A fast way to check whether your PC has a virus is to use Windows Defender. This malware protection is included with Windows and helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Once this is done you may also check for any
    pending updates and install the same to see if that helps.

How do I find and remove a virus?:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Note: There could be a loss of data while performing a scan using Microsoft safety scanner to eliminate virus if any.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

microsoft security client cannot be found

1. microsoft security client cannot be found - Similar Threads - microsoft security client

2. Windows Security not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security not found: i think an app that turn off windows defender deleted all windows defender and windows security center and related regedit files , i said that because i watched some youtube on how to repair them but i couldn't find the files in my registory editor , i also searched for...
  3. Windows Security not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security not found: i think an app that turn off windows defender deleted all windows defender and windows security center and related regedit files , i said that because i watched some youtube on how to repair them but i couldn't find the files in my registory editor , i also searched for...
  4. Windows Security not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft serial number cannot be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft serial number cannot be found: My serial number cannot be found. I am typing in the correct number and I have talked to Microsoft "support" numerous times and it’s just a robot. I would like to talk to an ACTUAL person. I paid 1,300 and I’m still currently paying it off would love if someone could help. I...
  6. Microsoft serial number cannot be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft serial number cannot be found: My serial number cannot be found. I am typing in the correct number and I have talked to Microsoft "support" numerous times and it’s just a robot. I would like to talk to an ACTUAL person. I paid 1,300 and I’m still currently paying it off would love if someone could help. I...
  7. Microsoft serial number cannot be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I found a flaw in Microsoft security system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I found a flaw in Microsoft security system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itMECROHFQQ&feature=share Here is the video of how they do it,a intruder can gain access to the system using cmd code...
  9. hp client security client security backup failed

hp client security client security backup failed: I have tried backing up the HP Client Security data from within HPCS and get the above "error". Has anyone got a solution please?...
  10. Microsoft Security Client fails at initialisation error 0x80070426

Microsoft Security Client fails at initialisation error 0x80070426: I have a dual boot Pc (Windows 10 home 64 bit /Widows 7 home premium 32 bit - both full retail) with 3 hard drives (win 7, win 10 and a shared data drive). I have a 3 machine licence for Kaspersky Total Security. In the past couple of days I have gotten this - [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft security client cannont be found