Windows 10: Microsoft security code problem

Discus and support Microsoft security code problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After updating BIOS on Windows 10 computer, the initial Windows Login PIN did not work and was asked to reset. This required me to log into my email at... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Terrier78, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Terrier78 Win User

Microsoft security code problem

After updating BIOS on Windows 10 computer, the initial Windows Login PIN did not work and was asked to reset. This required me to log into my email at which point a security code was necessary. I selected delivery of the code to my email account email but the code received was not accepted by Windows. Have made 5 separate attempts but all rejected. Why is it happening and can I do to fix the problem?

:)

Terrier78, Feb 12, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Feb 12, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Microsoft security problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would suggest you to follow the steps under ‘Update security info’ in ‘Microsoft
    account security info & security codes
    ’.

Disclaimer: If you remove all your security info, there's a 30-day wait period during which we help protect sensitive parts of your account, so nobody can change your security settings or use your payment options.
    During this period, new security info can't be added but you can still use your email, Skype, OneDrive, and devices as usual. After the 30 days, you'll be notified that the wait is over and it's time to enter new security info.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft security code problem - Similar Threads - Microsoft security code

2. Error code 0x80004004 in Microsoft Security Essentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error code 0x80004004 in Microsoft Security Essentials: I just installed Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer running Windows 7. After installing I tried updating and showing this error messageMy network is fine and accessible, I used to have Avira Security installed but I removed it.I have tried a few fixes but most of...
  3. Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.: So I try to log in right and there is the security code and I press sent but I didn't get whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-get-the-microsoft-account-security-code/b1647115-6787-47c6-ba19-f87fa6a5378c
  4. Security code

Security code: This is really damn sad for Microsoft, You keep nagging me for a code that you never send on cellphone or mail and threaten with closure of account just because I use an VPN and was logged on in Australia so I could see some local shows not allowed elsewhere- Have you not an...
  5. Temporary problem with the service - receive security code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Temporary problem with the service - receive security code: [IMG]Hi, I'm trying to access my son's laptop and for some reason it's gone to the main login screen and wants his outlook password. He can't remember this and when we try to reset by text or email it says there's a problem with the servixe. Tried resetting via the web link...
  6. Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Microsoft account security code - WHY?: In removing Windows Insider version from my Surface Book (was in fast ring- had numerous instabilities ) and resetting back to 'vanilla' Windows 10 Pro, I had to access my account for Bitlocker key. Easy to get to on my Asus Laptop (that I have had unmodified for years),...
  7. Microsoft Security Essentials Error code 0x80070645

Microsoft Security Essentials Error code 0x80070645: I have Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 bit OS and cannot install MSE for a year now and cannot fix this. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-error-code/9557b097-268b-40c4-8835-2ee861761d2e
  8. security code

security code: I am not receiving the security code (windows) on my mobile!!! and at the same time windows is not giving me options other than receiving the code through my mobile number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-code/09be9b09-117c-46ba-ae0c-61cfc9ff9a47"
  9. Security code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security code: The security code I received on my phone contains 6 numbers. Microsoft keeps asking for 7. I tried different downloads but nothing works. How can I get 7 numbers if you only send me 6....
  10. Microsoft Security Code

Microsoft Security Code: I am trying to make a purchase in the Microsoft store, but when signing in to my account, it asks to send a security code to my phone number. Because I am outside of the US at the moment, I cannot receive texts. I tried to change the security method to my G-mail account, and...