Windows 10: Microsoft Security Essentials causing PC to go all weird and slow after logging in.

Discus and support Microsoft Security Essentials causing PC to go all weird and slow after logging in. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T430 laptop running 64 bit Windows 7 Pro. A few days ago it stopped booting up properly. I appears that the latest virus definitions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bdg2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. bdg2 Win User

Microsoft Security Essentials causing PC to go all weird and slow after logging in.

I have a Lenovo T430 laptop running 64 bit Windows 7 Pro.

A few days ago it stopped booting up properly.

I appears that the latest virus definitions file for Microsoft Security Essentials has something in it which makes the laptop jam up after logging in to Windows.

I can get it working temporarily by disabling MSE real time protection or by using a restore point to revert to virus definitions from a few days ago or by doing:

cd /d "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client"

MpCmdRun.exe -RemoveDefinitions -All

and rebooting. Which seems to be an alternative way of reverting to older virus definitions.

How can I find out what file is confusing/crashing Microsoft Security Essentials?

:)

bdg2, Dec 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, Dec 9, 2019
  3. PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Microsoft Security Essentials causing PC to go all weird and slow after logging in.

Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Security Essentials causing PC to go all weird and slow after logging in.

1. Microsoft Security Essentials causing PC to go all weird and slow after logging in. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Essentials

2. MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL: I'VE A PROBLEM WITH UPDATE DEFINITION VIRUS SECURITY ESSENTIL, 'CAUSE SYSTEM DOESN'T INSTALL THEM. PLEASE I'M ITALIAN AND IF IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR ANSWER USE SIMPLE WORDS....
  3. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  4. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  5. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  7. Microsoft Security Essentials - Log indicates it keeps crashing

Microsoft Security Essentials - Log indicates it keeps crashing: Hello, I started up my PC/Windows 7 64-bit tonight and since then Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) seems to keep crashing. I uninstalled MSE then re-installed it, but still the same issue. Each time it stops I try to restart it then crashes. Here are some of the...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: I started a full scan on Microsoft Security Essentials and it's been running for 20 hours and is only at 75% completed. What are possible problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/1e8b663b-5259-4c45-8132-e230746423ed
  9. Microsoft essentials security

Microsoft essentials security: how come every time i ask to remove from my Quarantine box it ask"s me if Microsoft can make changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-essentials-security/4e51fbec-cffe-41e5-840b-1cb06da86724
  10. False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential

False alarm caused by Microsoft Security Essential: Dear Sir, I suffer an issue that my under layer disk IO execution file was misjudged as virus by Microsoft Security Essential. (This may 100% reproduced when I compile it by using MFC in a static library) However, when I recompile this execution file by using MFC in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security essentials on windows 10 slows Computer?