Windows 10: Microsoft Security Essentials isn't working

Discus and support Microsoft Security Essentials isn't working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got onto my computer when I got a warning of something called trojandownloader:32/Sthrophop.B that was very severe and was active. I removed it and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RidgePain, Apr 20, 2020.

1. RidgePain Win User

Microsoft Security Essentials isn't working

I got onto my computer when I got a warning of something called trojandownloader:32/Sthrophop.B that was very severe and was active. I removed it and restarted my computer when I realised that my microsoft security essentials wasn't working. I had two severe problems which were directed toward security and it wouldn't activate, even after trying many times. As I started typing this it booted up correctly and I am now running a full scan of my computer. Do you guys know what might have happened?

Edit 1: it has now returned again while I am running a full scan, which has gone on for more than 18 minutes and has only gotten a sliver of green showing.

Edit 2: I went to check it again but on all instances that things have appeared and it seems to have appeared three times. One yesterday 4/19/2020 and two today 4/20/2020.

:)

RidgePain, Apr 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Microsoft Security Essentials isn't working

Can i install microsoft security essentials software in windows 10?

No, you cannot install Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 10. It's neither designed for nor will it work on Windows 10.

Windows 10 comes with in-built Anti-Virus program Windows Defender which is similar to
    Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7.

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Security Essentials isn't working

1. Microsoft Security Essentials isn't working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Essentials

2. MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL: I'VE A PROBLEM WITH UPDATE DEFINITION VIRUS SECURITY ESSENTIL, 'CAUSE SYSTEM DOESN'T INSTALL THEM. PLEASE I'M ITALIAN AND IF IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR ANSWER USE SIMPLE WORDS....
  3. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  4. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  5. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials No Longer Working?

Microsoft Security Essentials No Longer Working?: Suddenly MSE stopped completing scans after the most recent updat. It just stops with a big red popup box saying it cannot complete the scan because constant protection it not turned on; however, that is not true; it is turned on. It also indicates my computer is not...
  7. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: I started a full scan on Microsoft Security Essentials and it's been running for 20 hours and is only at 75% completed. What are possible problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/1e8b663b-5259-4c45-8132-e230746423ed
  9. Microsoft essentials security

Microsoft essentials security: how come every time i ask to remove from my Quarantine box it ask"s me if Microsoft can make changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-essentials-security/4e51fbec-cffe-41e5-840b-1cb06da86724
  10. Security Essentials to work.

Security Essentials to work.: Can't get security essentials to protect icon is not green even after i've run a scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-to-work/4f72e2cf-734e-42a5-836f-4b367aa02fd3