Windows 10: Microsoft Security Essentials Keeps Turning Itself Off

Discus and support Microsoft Security Essentials Keeps Turning Itself Off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Starting this morning, and apparently with the last update, Microsoft Security Essentials keeps turning itself off. I am on Windows 7 Pro, and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brett5355, Mar 19, 2019.

1. brett5355 Win User

Microsoft Security Essentials Keeps Turning Itself Off

Starting this morning, and apparently with the last update, Microsoft Security Essentials keeps turning itself off.

I am on Windows 7 Pro, and the latest version of the update is 1.289.1521.0

This is very annoying and potentially scary.

Only other spyware running is Malwarebytes.

I even tried to exclude the Malwarebytes files to no avail.

Have rebooted and reinstalled MSE all w, no success.

Many others are having the same problem, so please fix this.

Thanks

* Moved from Windows 7

:)

brett5355, Mar 19, 2019

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Corrosion Win User

Corrosion, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Security Essentials Keeps Turning Itself Off - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Essentials

2. How to turn off Microsoft Security Essentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Microsoft Security Essentials: How do I turn off Microsoft Security Essentials for windows 7 ?? Just pause it so I can restore my computer to an earlier date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-microsoft-security-essentials/ce8567ee-e721-4577-bf51-23768e1ecd88
  3. How to turn off Microsoft Security Essentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Microsoft Security Essentials: How do I turn off Microsoft Security Essentials for windows 7 ?? Just pause it so I can restore my computer to an earlier date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-microsoft-security-essentials/ce8567ee-e721-4577-bf51-23768e1ecd88
  4. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  5. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials keeps turning itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Security Essentials keeps turning itself off: This just began this morning. I see from other posts in the past several years this typically happens because of an issue with an update. Is anyone else having this problem today?...
  7. Hotstop keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotstop keeps turning itself off: Hello, i have an add-in network card that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi broadcasting to my desktop PC. My problem is that the hotstop keeps turning itself off, plus i found no way to turn it on automatically whenever i log into my PC AND no way to keep it on permanently. I'm...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials Turns Itself Off

Microsoft Security Essentials Turns Itself Off: Recently my MSE turns itself off for no reason. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. * Moved from Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-turns-itself-off/726b0af3-db83-42d7-bddb-15a2d5e6cdf2
  9. Windows Security Essentials and Defender keep turning off

Windows Security Essentials and Defender keep turning off: Windows Security Essentials and Defender keep turning off. When I try a Quick scan it always stops with the message: "Your PC couldn't be scanned. This program's service has stopped" The Support info gives: "Error code: 0x800106ba" This only started happening today....
  10. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sercurity essentials keep turning off once i log off computer