Windows 10: Microsoft Security Essentials Scores Incredibly Well in New Antivirus

Discus and support Microsoft Security Essentials Scores Incredibly Well in New Antivirus in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] MSE achieved 100 percent legitimate accuracy It’s generally believed that Microsoft Security Essentials isn’t the best antivirus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Microsoft Security Essentials Scores Incredibly Well in New Antivirus

Microsoft Security Essentials Scores Incredibly Well in New Antivirus [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...2.shtml#sgal_0

Cluster Head, Nov 1, 2015
  2. waltc Win User

If they had tested for false positives then Defender would have come out the absolute winner, easily. I don't know why these tests don't do that, frankly, because nothing is so irritating as a false positive--I've been using MSE/Defender for many years and cannot recall a single false positive (remarkably enough)--but I read about them constantly popping up for other people using different programs, just like Kaspersky's & Norton's. A false positive, next to an actual virus or malware infection, can be a bad experience because the victim doesn't know what to do when his AV program is telling him one thing and the source of his file is telling him it is safe to ignore it.

:)

waltc, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Xircal Win User
    Windows Update code error: C1900208

Hi,

Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials and switch to Windows Defender which integrated in 8.1

Xircal, Nov 1, 2015
  4. HammaID Win User

Microsoft Security Essentials Scores Incredibly Well in New Antivirus

Windows 10 and MSE

I recently purchased new laptop with Windows 10. On old laptop I used Microsoft Security Essentials. My new Windows says my new laptop has Windows Defender installed. Is this the same as the free security MSE afforded me or do I need additional antivirus
    installed?

HammaID, Nov 1, 2015
  5. GregH Win User
    So where is Bit Defender in there? Was it not tested or was it tested and did not make the top 10? I was under the impression that it is one of the best on the market right now...

GregH, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Some one on another forum said he would not ever trust softpedia at all
    Unless he heard about it from the person themselves.
    Also he posted he does not listen to messenger boys posting second hand stuff that was helping other members.
    So I have now left that forum and found out he has only posted 2 replies then disappeared he was asked to say sorry he refused.

But thank you for posting I always read what you put and it makes good reading

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2015
  7. Yes I was wondering that myself where it was

8. Microsoft Security Essentials Scores Incredibly Well in New Antivirus

9. Wow that one is a better read out I see my Antivirus I use had a good showing

10. tinmar49 Win User
    I think these tests seem to give different results every time.

tinmar49, Nov 1, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    NOD32 is absolute ace in false positives, it drove me nuts.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    Though you have a point, one could also argue that perhaps MSE isn't flagging all it should be. In short, maybe it's missing stuff is should be catching.

At any rate I used to use MSE, and still think it's good enough to recommend, but for me once I got my laptop, which occasionally used "public" Wi-Fi, I felt I needed something a bit stronger and went with Norton AV. Yeah I know a lot of people don't like Norton, but this isn't your grandpa's Norton of yesteryear.

Anyway I'm not here to defend Norton, so that argument is out with me, I'm merely pointing out that no AV is 100 fool proof. Yes, that includes Norton, which also gives me false positives.

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Nov 1, 2015
  13. essenbe Win User

That was the results for Windows 7. Windows 10 has a much improved version and it wasn't rated.

essenbe, Nov 1, 2015
  14. sygnus21 Win User
    One of the things that Norton does is scan files for usage - this is if a download/file is rarely used or downloaded, Norton will "question" it and that can be alarming for some that aren't computer savvy and have to make a decision whether to keep the file or not. That's said, you can always exempt files from being scanned or flagged.

I've got a printer program on my PC which NAV constantly false positives one of it's exe's and remove it. I've had to exempt it from being scanned and mark it as safe.

sygnus21, Nov 1, 2015
  15. Ups....! Sorry.....! *Sad

Thema:

1. Microsoft Security Essentials Scores Incredibly Well in New Antivirus - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Essentials

2. MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL: I'VE A PROBLEM WITH UPDATE DEFINITION VIRUS SECURITY ESSENTIL, 'CAUSE SYSTEM DOESN'T INSTALL THEM. PLEASE I'M ITALIAN AND IF IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR ANSWER USE SIMPLE WORDS....
  3. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  4. Microsoft security essentials update.

Microsoft security essentials update.: I can't update Microsoft security essentials on windows 7. Help. Please... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials-update/ef47ad22-6c49-40f5-8b0d-9a41e41dc5b8
  5. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  6. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: microsoft security essentials error code0x8004FF71 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/2a768835-d2a8-42ff-bf8f-a729032a2020
  7. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: I started a full scan on Microsoft Security Essentials and it's been running for 20 hours and is only at 75% completed. What are possible problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/1e8b663b-5259-4c45-8132-e230746423ed
  9. Microsoft essentials security

Microsoft essentials security: how come every time i ask to remove from my Quarantine box it ask"s me if Microsoft can make changes to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-essentials-security/4e51fbec-cffe-41e5-840b-1cb06da86724
  10. #MSIgnite 2018: New Microsoft Authenticator and Secure Score

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2018: New Microsoft Authenticator and Secure Score: Cybersecurity is the central challenge of our digital age. Without it, everything from our personal email accounts and privacy to the way we do business, and all types of critical infrastructure, are under threat. As attackers evolve, staying ahead of these threats is getting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.eset.com rediffmail.com