Windows 10: microsoft security locked me out of my pc. will not accept password. live.com says...

Discus and support microsoft security locked me out of my pc. will not accept password. live.com says... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; microsoft security has locked me out. will not accept password.live is down. need help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mattlye1, Feb 5, 2020.

1. mattlye1 Win User

microsoft security locked me out of my pc. will not accept password. live.com says...

microsoft security has locked me out. will not accept password.live is down. need help

:)

mattlye1, Feb 5, 2020
  2. larc919 Win User

Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, Feb 5, 2020
  3. C180K Win User
    Password not accepted on live login

I'm unable to login to my PC, my password is not accepted, I'm using Microsoft live login, so I reset my password on line. New password works with all devices, so it's been changed. But still I'm unable to login in to my PC, except by using Safe Mode,
    although my password is the pre changed one. I can't change from live login to local login as option to change is not displayed.

C180K, Feb 5, 2020
  4. microsoft security locked me out of my pc. will not accept password. live.com says...

Will not accept password in new pc

Hello,

If you remember your password but it isn’t working, make sure that Caps Lock is turned off and that your password is spelled correctly.

To better assist you, kindly answer these questions:

• Did you use a Microsoft account or a local account upon logging in to your computer?
    • What is the exact error message you're getting?
    • Did you save the credentials to at least a piece of paper and see if it's the same?
    Meanwhile, follow the steps on these links on how to reset your password:

Raymond Ave, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

microsoft security locked me out of my pc. will not accept password. live.com says...

1. microsoft security locked me out of my pc. will not accept password. live.com says... - Similar Threads - microsoft security locked

2. My PC says Password failed security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC says Password failed security: My PC will not sign on says something about security password not excepted please go to settings options and passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-says-password-failed-security/8eb94bbd-09e1-423a-9a64-89759915ad76
  3. My PC says Password failed security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC says Password failed security: My PC will not sign on says something about security password not excepted please go to settings options and passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-says-password-failed-security/8eb94bbd-09e1-423a-9a64-89759915ad76
  4. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  5. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  6. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Password not accepted - Locked Out!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password not accepted - Locked Out!: Toshiba Satellite L50 C has been running at very high disk usage, so decided to try a reduced start via "msconfig" selecting "Diagnostic Startup". After restart, entered correct password numerous times but it was not accepted. Tried "Forgotten Password" but that didn't take...
  8. Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates lock me out of my computer says incorrect password: Every time I do the latest quality update, I go to sign in and the password says "not correct" and there are two users that I can sign in as. My actual computer password doesn't work for either of them. So then I go back and uninstall the latest update or restore my computer...
  9. Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password: After installing new BIOS Flash Update on my ASUS laptop, using the ASUS Automatic Updater, my local password is no longer accepted. Getting error message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign in option and set up your PIN again..." I click on...
  10. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer: I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!...