Windows 10: Microsoft security millions of files quick scan

Discus and support Microsoft security millions of files quick scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Microsoft security Quick scan is showing me millions of files, about an hour in, it shows 500 thousand and it doesn't even reach halfway. the bar just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Snaukball, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Snaukball Win User

Microsoft security millions of files quick scan

Microsoft security Quick scan is showing me millions of files, about an hour in, it shows 500 thousand and it doesn't even reach halfway. the bar just stops completely and I have no way to make sure there are that many files on my laptop, somebody please help, my laptop recently began glitching and fake resetting, I fear my large amount of files might be the problem.

:)

Snaukball, Feb 27, 2021

2. Windows Security, list of scanned files

Hi

Regarding the new Windows Security app

Questions:

1) Where can I find a list of files included in latest (quick) scan.?

2) Where can I find a list of file type default not included in a scanning?

3) Where can I find the list of disks included in the next scanning?

Regards

Karsten Nedergaard Rasmussen, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Windows Security, list of scanned files

Thanks for good links.

1) Sorry - but I can not find a menu/log listing files scanned in last quick scan.

2) Can I conclude that windows default will scan every file type unless it is excluded in policy or in the security app?

3) Can I conclude that windows will scan every disk mounted - also USB removable drivers?

Regards

Karsten Nedergaard Rasmussen, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Quick Scan?

Not necessarily. The time taken is calculated from the actual start and finish times. If you put the machine to Sleep/Hibernate part way through a scan the time taken will include the time spent asleep. Here's a quick scan that I put to sleep for more than 15 minutes part way through....

Microsoft security millions of files quick scan [​IMG]

Uninterrupted, the same quick scan takes 1 minute 23 seconds.

Thema:

1. Microsoft security millions of files quick scan - Similar Threads - Microsoft security millions

2. 120 Million files scanned in MSERT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    120 Million files scanned in MSERT: The other day, I went to run a full scan using Windows Defender and the scan had revealed that I had a Trojan. So I took the steps listed by Windows Defender and removed the trojan. As I was afraid of other files being potentially infected, I went to my organization and...
  3. 120 Million files scanned in MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    120 Million files scanned in MSERT: The other day, I went to run a full scan using Windows Defender and the scan had revealed that I had a Trojan. So I took the steps listed by Windows Defender and removed the trojan. As I was afraid of other files being potentially infected, I went to my organization and...
  4. 120 Million files scanned in MSERT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microsoft windows 10s virus and security quick scan puzzle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft windows 10s virus and security quick scan puzzle: I am puzzled at the quick scan function of the quick scan recommendation in my windows 10S laptop Dashboard My security dashboard is showing a quick scan is required yet it seems to serve no purpose , Yes it turns on but never seems to stop. There is no progress bar so...
  6. Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete

Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete: How do I fix this, it just keeps spinning. I have Windows 10S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-quick-scan-will-not-complete/80a3e010-8eed-4fa1-b4df-29ff171d08af
  7. Windows Security Quick Scan stopping

Windows Security Quick Scan stopping: I tried running a quick scan in windows security today and halfway through scanning it froze and stopped scanning files, then shortly after windows security stopped working entirely and shut itself off. Restarting windows security or my computer didn't solve the issue....
  8. windows security quick scan

windows security quick scan: when I am starting quick scan at some point of scanning it strucks and not complete the scan what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-quick-scan/61e607c8-d79e-4601-bafc-bcc7eb507e4d
  9. Quick scan through Windows Security

Quick scan through Windows Security: I just ran a quick scan through Windows Security and it said 5 files scanned. Every time in the past it scanned a little over 20,000 files. Even ran a full scan and it also said 5 files scanned. Why isn't it scanning all files?...
  10. Windows security Quick Scan not running

Windows security Quick Scan not running: Ran a full scan a week ago then tried to go back to quick scan today. Quick scan will not run. Shows 35 hours to complete whatever scan is running. I canceled it and tried again, still no quick scan....