Windows 10: Microsoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no...

Discus and support Microsoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,During Microsoft Security Scanner scan the application indicated "Files Infected: 9", but when it stopped, I saw the message "The scan completed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VeronicaCisneros1, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Microsoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no...

Hello,During Microsoft Security Scanner scan the application indicated "Files Infected: 9", but when it stopped, I saw the message "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software was detected."I recorded the application at various times to ensure I could illustrate the progress in case I needed your hep. Below are links to the videos at various time periods of the scanMicrosoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no... :mad: 9AM I was checking the results of the scan I made last night while rerunning the scanner. Notice lower left side of screen the application showed "Files Infected: 4"" https:/

:)

VeronicaCisneros1, Jul 1, 2021

2. Defender Scan "Items scanned" problem

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• Do you have any third party security software installed on your system?

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if that helps.

Method 1: A possible reason for this problem is that you have conflicting third party security software installed fully or partially on the PC. Remove any third party security software from the PC.

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: Microsoft Safety Scanner.
    I would suggest you to perform a full system scan using the Microsoft Safety Scanner to eliminate any issues related to virus/malware.

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Rob Koch Win User
    Malicious Software Removal Tool doesn't display the (60) infected items at the end of the scan!

Adding to what Le Boule already mentioned, the list found in "View detailed scan results" is simply a partial listing of the malware "families" that the MSRT is able to detect and clean.

Malware Families Cleaned by the Malicious Software Removal Tool

Though this is still only a small portion of the malicious software which can be detected by the more complete Microsoft antivirus products such as the on demand Microsoft
    Safety Scanner
    , that's the purpose since these are the most common malware Microsoft's security products have seen in the wild.

"The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool removes specific, prevalent malicious software families from computers running compatible versions of Windows. Microsoft releases a new version of the tool on the second Tuesday of every month, and as
    needed to respond to security incidents.

Additions are made each month to address the latest threats."

The MSRT has the benefit of making the download package much smaller than others like the Safety Scanner, but the negative of only checking for a small number of different malware, so it's most useful when performing a "Quick scan".

If you intend to perform an exhaustive "Full scan" to check for any potential malware, then either the

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    or a 3rd-party on demand tool might be a better choice. That's due to the fact that a Full scan will always take more time to examine every single file and registry entry on a PC, but will be less effective if it's only searching
    these for a small number of all known malware.

Rob

Rob Koch, Jul 1, 2021
  4. JosephB. Win User

Microsoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no...

Malicious Software Removal Tool doesn't display the (60) infected items at the end of the scan!

Hello,

Didn't install any pirated program such like that, didn't go to any unwanted or dangerous site. I have Mcafee (latest version installed).

I did a manual scan (deep scan from Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (April 2017). Deep scan (in progress) it says files infected
    (60). After it finishes scan it says no malicious software was detected.
    Mrt log says "No infection found." But, when I click "View detailed scan results" after scan mini window opened and there is some list here. Malware and scan results listed here. There is some malware name and results. All results say "No infection" So
    what happen? Is this a bug or I'm infected? Please look picture. Sorry form my english.

Best regards,

Joseph

Microsoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no... cdae1958-e50c-4f10-b259-bf2e3ec26753.png

JosephB., Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no...

1. Microsoft Security Scanner - During scan displayed "Infected Files: 9" at end of scan "no... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Scanner

2. I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've run safety scanner and during the scan it says 2 files are infected but at the end of...: running safety scanner and 2 infected files are reported but when the scan finishes it says no problems to report. Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ive-run-safety-scanner-and-during-the-scan-it-says/a91ebc7f-2262-4e33-b597-7340cb05950f
  3. Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...

Why does Microsoft Safety Scanner detect 4 infected files during scan, but at the end of...: I ran the Microsoft Safety Scanner, and it found 4 infected files which it did not mention at the end of the scan. I ran it again partially until it found one infected file and then I cancelled the scan. I also ran the Microsoft Defender antivirus with full and offline scans,...
  4. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  5. Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and the scan result at the...: Microsoft safety Scanner detects 13 infected files during scan, and when I get the scan result at the end it says "The scan completed successfully and no viruses, and other potentially unwanted software were detected".Why does this happen? I have tried booting in to safe mode...
  6. I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...

I scanned my pc with microsoft safety scanner and during the scan it detected a infected...: Hi I just used microsoft safety scanner because I had a feeling there was something wrong and during the scan it says 1 file was found malicious and then at the end of the scan it says no threats detected. Whats the deal? What do I need to do?...
  7. MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...

MSERT Microsoft Safety Scanner shows 4 infected files during the scan, but when scan ends...: Like the title says, while I am running the Microsoft Security Scanner it shows that it found 4 infected files, yet when the scanner ends it says it found nothing, and shows no detections in the log. Has anyone ever seen this before, or know how to fix it?...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows Infection during scan but at the end Result shows no infection: During the scanning progress indicates "Files Infected" etc. 11 files; at the end of scan indicates no viruses detected. My question is are infected files not virus and did the scanner delete the infection or the problems? thanks [Original Title: Microsoft Safety Scanner]...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner shows there is infected file but after the end of scan shows...: When running the Safety Scanner, the scan progress window indicates "Files Infected" count during the scan.I just ran a "Full" scan and the "Files Infected" count was 30when the scan ended, the scan issues a message that no files were infected. how is this possible? is the...
  10. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...

Microsoft Safety Scanner msert shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at end shows...: Latest Microsoft Safety Scanner msert 64 bit, shows Files Infected: 210 during Full Scan but at the end shows no infected files. Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-safety-scanner-msert-shows-files/2dee5d8b-8ada-417b-a305-a899e5d47ae2