Windows 10: Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...

Discus and support Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I ran the latest version of the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found 45 infected files, but on completion indicates that no mitigation was necessary.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gmj2, Mar 16, 2021.

1. gmj2 Win User

Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...

I ran the latest version of the Microsoft Safety Scanner and it found 45 infected files, but on completion indicates that no mitigation was necessary. I've run this twice with version 1.333.533.0 & 1.333.538.0 with the same outcomes. What does that mean?

Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no... 93c09b1c-1b93-4e47-a759-8ac2fa882aa0?upload=true.png Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no... 954b8ba1-f98a-4489-9935-f325a81efe95?upload=true.png

Here are the log files:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.333, build 1.333.533.0

Started On Mon Mar 15 17:35:15 2021

Engine: 1.1.17900.7

Signatures: 1.333.533.0

MpGear: 1.1.16330.1

Run Mode: Interactive Graphical Mode

Results Summary:

----------------

No infection found.

Successfully Submitted MAPS Report

Successfully Submitted Heartbeat Report

Microsoft Safety Scanner Finished On Mon Mar 15 21:05:07 2021

Return code: 0 0x0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Safety Scanner v1.333, build 1.333.538.0

Started On Tue Mar 16 03:38:11 2021

Engine: 1.1.17900.7

Signatures: 1.333.538.0

MpGear: 1.1.16330.1

Run Mode: Interactive Graphical Mode

Results Summary:

----------------

No infection found.

Successfully Submitted MAPS Report

Successfully Submitted Heartbeat Report

Microsoft Safety Scanner Finished On Tue Mar 16 07:04:56 2021

Return code: 0 0x0

:)

2. microsoft edge browser infected vith trojan virus

You can use the Microsoft Safety Scanner to remove malware from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Go to the following Microsoft website:
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Click Download Now. Follow the instructions to download and install the Microsoft Safety Scanner. When you are prompted, save the file to your desktop.
    • When the installation is complete, go to your desktop and double-click the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner icon. It may be listed as msert.
    • Click the Accept all terms of the preceding license agreement check box, and then click
      Next two times.
    • `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Microsoft Edge Security Issues

Hi Corey,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know which anti-virus program are you using?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below method.

Method 1.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Click on Settings and click on Advanced settings.
    • On cookies option select Don’t block cookies.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step.

Method 2.

If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance. I suggest you to run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to delete browsing history, cookies and cached and check.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.

• Go to settings and click on Choose what to clear
      tab under clear browsing data.

• And clear browsing history, cached and cookies.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you

Billion Debbarma, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...

How to remove files infected with .Zepto

Hi,

I would like to inform you that if the system is infected with virus,
    I suggest you to run a full scan of your computer using Microsoft Security Scanner and check if it helps.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no...

1. Microsoft Security Scanner finds infected files but on completion indicates that no... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Scanner

2. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  3. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...: Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed succesfully and no viruses, spyware and other potentially unwanted software were deleted...
  4. Explain why MSERT indicate 261 files infected and at the end indicate The scan completed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files: I noticed that my PC has been running slower lately and decided to do several security scans with the available Microsoft tools. Through the Virus and Threat Protection on the Windows Security it found this virus Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.After having the script stated above...
  6. Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files

Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files: I noticed that my PC has been running slower lately and decided to do several security scans with the available Microsoft tools. Through the Virus and Threat Protection on the Windows Security it found this virus Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.After having the script stated above...
  7. Explanation of Microsoft Security Scanner for infected files

8. Microsoft safety scanner identifies 75 infected files, but then says completed successfully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft safety scanner identifies 75 infected files, but then says completed successfully...: Microsoft safety scanner 1.291.3251.0 identifies 75 infected files, during scan, but then when completed, indicates that scan was successfully completed, and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected?I have run the program three times and same...
  9. Microsoft safety scanner identifies 75 infected files, but then says completed successfully...

Microsoft safety scanner identifies 75 infected files, but then says completed successfully...: Microsoft safety scanner 1.291.3251.0 identifies 75 infected files, during scan, but then when completed, indicates that scan was successfully completed, and no viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software were detected?I have run the program three times and same...
  10. Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files

Microsoft safety scanner 1.355.787.0 infected files: When running a safety scan I found 2 infected files the scan said everything is clean but they are still there. These have me extremely paranoid, should I just wipe the full drive and reinstall windows?! I am unsure if it's doing any harm and this is the only scanner that...