Windows 10: Microsoft Security Scope

Discus and support Microsoft Security Scope in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does excluding a folder from active scanning also exclude the subfolders and files?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bob Kluckhohn, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Microsoft Security Scope

Does excluding a folder from active scanning also exclude the subfolders and files?

:)

Bob Kluckhohn, Mar 30, 2020

2. No "Scope" in dxcpl

Hi Mika,

For us to isolate your concern with the scope section in the dxcpl settings, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?If yes,
      we suggest that you try reinstalling it.
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 30, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Mar 30, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Security Scope

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Security Scope

1. Microsoft Security Scope - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security Scope

2. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The DHCP scope lease duration: The DHCP scope lease duration is 8 days but the device lease expires every 30 minutes. I can't figure out why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dhcp-scope-lease-duration/1d5574e8-df11-44c6-96af-dd78250ec884
  3. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The DHCP scope lease duration: The DHCP scope lease duration is 8 days but the device lease expires every 30 minutes. I can't figure out why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dhcp-scope-lease-duration/1d5574e8-df11-44c6-96af-dd78250ec884
  4. The DHCP scope lease duration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft confirms Windows 10 22H2 will ship with a scoped set of new features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 10 22H2 will ship with a scoped set of new features: The world can’t stop talking about Windows 11 as it continues to ship on millions of new devices around the world. Windows 11 has received mixed reviews, with some users criticizing the “sweeping visual rejuvenation” of the Start menu and taskbar. On the other hand, some...
  6. "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser" Does Microsoft have a Default...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser" Does Microsoft have a Default...: PS C:\Users\19163> Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned -Scope CurrentUser Execution Policy Change The execution policy helps protect you from scripts that you do not trust. Changing the execution policy might expose you to the security risks described in the...
  7. Log-in scope via apps is unclear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log-in scope via apps is unclear: I'm curious whether logging into a single Windows app (eg. Feedback Hub) will simply log me into that app only, or if it will initiate an OS-wide log-in. I ask because I have ZERO desire to use a Microsoft account system-wide for privacy reasons. However, I do want to track...
  8. Usb connected scope stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb connected scope stopped working: I'm having a strange problem with a USB device. Here is the scenerio: I purchased a new Lenove Ideapad 320 about a week ago as an update to my old Lenovo T500. The T500 runs Windows 10 Pro, while the Ideapad 320 is running Windows 10 Home. Both are 64 bit machines. The USB...
  9. Microsoft Security

Microsoft Security: I received a voice mail on my land line saying they were from Microsoft - claiming that a virus had been detected on my hard drive. The message suggested I immediately take the device to a local Microsoft retailer. If there was no retailer available they provided a...
  10. Default system scope for built-in Guest account

Default system scope for built-in Guest account: After installing some well known apps including a comprehensive security package. I've noticed on a couple of occasions that the Guest account is enabled. (I know for a fact that it is disabled in my system restore image) To mitigate any problems I have renamed it and...