Windows 10: Microsoft Security

Discus and support Microsoft Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was having an issue loading a program on my computer so I wanted to try running my Windows 10 computer in safe mode. I enabled safe mode via msconfig... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nazim_963, May 2, 2020.

1. Nazim_963 Win User

Microsoft Security

I was having an issue loading a program on my computer so I wanted to try running my Windows 10 computer in safe mode. I enabled safe mode via msconfig and checked the "With Network" option. I then restarted my computer and it brought my to my login in safe mode. The login screen shows my name and the normal space for me to enter my password. The issue is I couldn't remember my password and since the computer is in safe mode I can't use my pin number. The computer shows that it isn't connected to the internet and there is no power button on the screen. When I click on the internet connection button next to the power button on the login screen it just shows an option for airplane mode. I didn't notice that my PC wasn't connected to the internet so I changed my password online on my laptop hoping that I could then log in on my PC but when I returned to my PC that's when I realized it wasn't showing a connection to my PC.

I really really need help with this because as of right now I'm totally locked out of my computer and I have really important work/school files on there. I need to get back on my PC as soon as possible, if anyone can help I'll be refreshing this page non stop.

:)

Nazim_963, May 2, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

malware, May 2, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 2, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Microsoft Security

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Security

1. Microsoft Security - Similar Threads - Microsoft Security

2. Microsoft account security scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account security scam?: Today 6/1/20 at 11:58 am I received the follwing email in my gmail inbix not soam: New Account Login Dear Account Holder, We Noticed an sign-in attempt in your account from an unrecognized device in Eastern Russia at 4:27 AM GMT. For your account security we have disabled...
  3. Microsoft "needs to make sure I can receive a security code" but they only offer to send...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft "needs to make sure I can receive a security code" but they only offer to send...: Other than the option to send a code to a mail that is not a thing, I can say that I can't verify my account, and then I am told to update my security info athttps://account.live.com/proofs/MarkLost manually. I have done that and installed the authentication app, but i still...
  4. My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...: While attempting to change my contact information on my Microsoft account, it prompted me for a security code. By the way, my password is correct and I have signed in on this computer hundreds of times before. The only email that was associated with my account will not...
  5. Issues with Secure Connection with Microsoft SARA and Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Secure Connection with Microsoft SARA and Outlook: Hi, I've been having some issues with Outlook not being able to securely connect and add a Gmail account and then I tried installing Microsoft Sara, but I'm getting an issue installing it. After I download the tool from the website and run it, it says that it cannot...
  6. Microsoft Windows Security Updates May 2020 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates May 2020 overview: Welcome to the overview for Microsoft's May 2020 Patch Day; Microsoft released security updates and non-security updates for all supported versions of Windows -- both client and server versions -- on May 10, 2020. Updates are also available for other Microsoft products...
  7. Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes May 2020 Security Updates Release Date: May 12, 2020 The May 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) ChakraCore Internet Explorer...
  8. Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft May 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes May 2020 Security Updates Release Date: May 12, 2020 The May 2020 security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based ChakraCore Internet Explorer Microsoft...
  9. My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is...

My Hp came with a Microsoft firewall and internet security. Do I really need more or is...: How much Antivirus/anti Ransome ware/ anti Malware does a person need? Does microsoft not offer enough protection on their product? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-hp-came-with-a-microsoft-firewall-and-internet/2fe9ca5e-7f5b-4b63-8239-8dc9b731e0b2
  10. Windows 10 Pro vs. Microsoft 365 Subscription - which is better for security?

Windows 10 Pro vs. Microsoft 365 Subscription - which is better for security?: I have Windows 10 Home but want to upgrade to encrypt my files. Windows 10 Pro has Bitlocker and 365 offers Vault. Which is better for security and ease of use? Thanks...