Windows 10: Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...

Discus and support Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Question: What specific items in the audit log would help identify what caused "more time" requests to be sent? Background: The child account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RadiantComet196, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...

Question: What specific items in the audit log would help identify what caused "more time" requests to be sent?

Background:

The child account "William" sent multiple requests for more time overnight. I could not see a way to troubleshoot this, nor were there any useful posts after a few MS community and general internet searches.

First, these are the expected requests during the day when time runs out, so the message itself (received on a different Windows 10 PC) is not unusual. Just the timing was unexpected.

Second, I am *certain* that no one was physically at the computer at the time these requests were sent. The computer was powered on, which makes me think that there is some background process running after he locked the screen (or was timed out earlier in the evening), or that there is a security compromise on this PC (this PC is used only by kids for games, and is on a home network isolated from non-game devices).

It should not have remote desktop enabled, but I will be checking into that next to make sure that is not enabled.

There were no alerts on Windows defender/antivirus/malware.

Below is a section of the screen capture:

:)

RadiantComet196, Jul 24, 2018

2. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Jul 24, 2018
  3. RadCazz Win User
    Tailoring Emails Sent to Multiple Contacts

Hello.

I want to send emails to multiple contacts, separated by the ; of course, but if an individual replies, that reply would only be seen by me, the original sender.

You see, I sent an email to multiple contacts and the replies were meant for me only - not for reading by the whole contact list I sent the email to. You follow?

It is rather redundant to re-type/send individual emails saying the same thing to many contacts to get individual responses.

Let's say, for example, I sent out a performance questionnaire to many contacts. I want the contacts to reply without the other contacts knowing what their responses are.

Nothing 'shady' mind you. Just want contacts to freely express their opinions/suggestions/recommendations/help.

Thanks for your input!

RadCazz, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...

Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Hi Billion -

This is a good suggestion. I tried to remove the family member (the other adult on the account) and then re-add it. Then we tried sending a request from a child account. I got the request email, but she did not, so unfortunately this suggestion appears not
    to work.

What would cause one account to get emails and another account to not get them? I wish there was some diagnostic log exposed so it might be easier to get good recourse to these mysterious problems.

Do you have any other suggestions?

codekaizen, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...

1. Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the... - Similar Threads - Microsoft sent multiple

2. Request more time - no emails received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request more time - no emails received: So I created a family group, my wife is added as a parent + administrator the same status as mine. We can check what our kid is watching, playing, how much, limits, etc, everything works fine.... but not emails.Whenever my kid's time is over and he sends request for more, I...
  3. Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme: When receiving the more screen time requests emails, I noticed that the emails were showing a time/date AFTER the time/date of the email. For example the email body would read "[child] asked on July 12 at 5:00 AM.", but the email was received the evening of July 11th local...
  4. Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted.

Screen time requests sent to mom successfully, but not working when accepted.: Hello. The Screen Time limits that my parents set up on my account are fully functional when manually applied from the P.C., but remote requests do not process, even though they were accepted. What can I do? I've also noticed that wpctok.exe is missing. What can I do to...
  5. Microsoft Family - One-time time extension vs request time

Microsoft Family - One-time time extension vs request time: I really like using screen time limits to manage how much time my kids are spending on the computer. Rather than giving them time every day, we use a system where kids earn time to use the computer for completing chores and other tasks, then we grant time as a reward....
  6. Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue: I need help.... I have set up my daughter with screen time request which work fine however now I have added another adult to the family 'group' they get the requests as well. I understand the principle of this but I don't want them to receive the same requests how do I stop...
  7. Child request for more screen time no longer works

Child request for more screen time no longer works: I have my son's laptop set up with screen time limits. When he runs low, he requests more screen time from his laptop and I receive the request via email. In the past, I could approve more screen time via that email message and he'd receive it. For the past month or so,...
  8. Unable to send request for more screen time

Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  9. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...
  10. In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent...: In the Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0, when a POST request is sent, a same GET request is sent too. But in the other browers, only one POST request is sent....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can child requests more screen time windows 10\