Windows 10: microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work

Discus and support microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; microsoft sent out a free Windows 11 that comes up when I open my computer and the screen options don't work and I can't exit out of this screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Wannigman, Jan 24, 2023.

1. microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work

microsoft sent out a free Windows 11 that comes up when I open my computer and the screen options don't work and I can't exit out of this screen

:)

John Wannigman, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work 45596d1485958941t-dolby-advanced-audio-v2-windows-10-don-t-work-1.png

Valeriu, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Windows 7 Snipping Tool / (Screen Shots-Capture)

1. In the Control Panel > Folder Options > View Tab first check ( tick ) the Show hidden files, folders and Drives and then Apply.
    2. Now navigate to C:\ Program Data \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Start Menu \ Program.
    3. Inside this Program folder , you will find the 'Accessories' folder.
    4. Drag and drop the Accessories Folder on your Start Menu or All programs.
    Did this work ?

If all works again i suggest to go back to Step 1 and re-select Don`t show hidden files. folders and Drives then Apply. so you don`t accidentally delete some of these.

Frank N St31n, Jan 24, 2023
  4. jimbo45 Win User

microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work

Annoying This PC can´t run Windows 11 message

Hi folks
    I´ve got an older laptop here I´m using which I KNOW won´t run W11 and don´t want to even attempt to run it on as the default OS -- and W10 will still be current for a few years yet so why on earth every time I go to update W10 I get that stupid message

microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work 355096d1639819369t-annoying-pc-can-t-run-windows-11-message-upd.png

Surely there ought to be a user selectible option --> check if PC is able to run W11 or similar.

Does it mean now we will have to see this message for ever on older computers that have no intention of having W11 installed on them. !!!

(That said though I've installed W11 as a test via boot from VHDX physical disk note NOT a VM and using Dism /apply-image from a W11 iso downloaded from UUPDUMP and it does install and work on this same machine BTW -- but that's another issue -- I should be able to bootW10 and update normally without the annoying message).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work

1. microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work - Similar Threads - microsoft sent free

2. free windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free windows 11 upgrade: how can i upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-11-upgrade/e1eee10c-b511-428b-adab-8c25cb623864
  3. microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work: microsoft sent out a free Windows 11 that comes up when I open my computer and the screen options don't work and I can't exit out of this screen...
  4. microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft sent out an free Windows 11 upgrade message and the screen options don't work: microsoft sent out a free Windows 11 that comes up when I open my computer and the screen options don't work and I can't exit out of this screen...
  5. Windows 11 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free upgrade: Hello,I am on windows 10.recently I noticed that windows 11 up-gradation information on my update page disappeared,does it mean the free degradation opportunity is over? Thank you....
  6. Windows 11 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Free Upgrade: If I upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Pro will I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro or only the home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-free-upgrade/971e76ca-6b46-4498-b159-6c4eed04b87a
  7. Free Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free Windows 11 Upgrade: I am currently running Windows 10 Pro. If I elect the free upgrade will it upgrade to 11 Pro or Just windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-11-upgrade/9b139fe2-2ae1-4b7c-b0cb-30459194c063
  8. Windows 11 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free upgrade: I have Hp15s FQ2072TU and have Windows10 home with a lifetime activation.the free upgrade to windows 11 is available for my laptop.If i do upgrade,my windows11 also remain activated for lifetime or not?...
  9. Windows 11 free upgrade

Windows 11 free upgrade: I have Hp15s FQ2072TU and have Windows10 home with a lifetime activation.the free upgrade to windows 11 is available for my laptop.If i do upgrade,my windows11 also remain activated for lifetime or not?...
  10. Windows 10 Free Upgrade Not Message Help

Windows 10 Free Upgrade Not Message Help: i want to upgrade my current pc to ten (to stay with the times, also it has plenty of power) and the upgrade window says this. any idea how long i will have to wait, or why i have to. 11829